Old and New Vaccination cards

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Old and New Vaccination cards

Post by Doc67 »

I have an old style one, handwritten and had it laminated. I have seen the new style ones with full printed details and a your photo as well, much like the driving license.

Does anyone know how to get the old swapped for the new one?
Mr.November
Expatriate
Poland

Re: Old and New Vaccination cards

Post by Mr.November »

I reckon the easiest way would be to design one in Photoshop, with all your details based on your old card (like dates, QR code etc). and get it printed in any of the printing shops. I know that's not the right way to do it, but this being Cambodia, it should work fine.
I assume you need the card for international travel, in which case instead of the new design, you could just get the old one officially translated to English and stamped by an embassy for a fee.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Mr.November wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:43 am I reckon the easiest way would be to design one in Photoshop, with all your details based on your old card (like dates, QR code etc). and get it printed in any of the printing shops. I know that's not the right way to do it, but this being Cambodia, it should work fine.
I assume you need the card for international travel, in which case instead of the new design, you could just get the old one officially translated to English and stamped by an embassy for a fee.
Not required for travel, but with new cards available the old ones might be looked upon with suspicion. Better to have the new one. The old ones look like all they could come up with in a short space of time so I suspect they will be happy to phase them out.
cambo swa
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cambo swa »

Doc67 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:56 am
Mr.November wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:43 am I reckon the easiest way would be to design one in Photoshop, with all your details based on your old card (like dates, QR code etc). and get it printed in any of the printing shops. I know that's not the right way to do it, but this being Cambodia, it should work fine.
Not required for travel, but with new cards available the old ones might be looked upon with suspicion. Better to have the new one. The old ones look like all they could come up with in a short space of time so I suspect they will be happy to phase them out.
Hello doc (obviously not educated as such), what happened to your $20 antibody tests? Do you have a new card for that?
ergosemper
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by ergosemper »

This? I would love to swap my blue handwritten one for this more official-looking one. Plus... the guy who wrote my name on the card misspelled my given name.

Pic source: https://ips-cambodia.com/phnom-penh-pla ... -doing-it/
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

It takes about a month from your second vax for it to be available. There was a post recently for a pick up locations on FB. Not sure but I think I saw it in one of the threads.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

I know a guy in Sinoville.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

canucklhead wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:56 am I know a guy in Sinoville.
Can he get me a lion?
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

timmydownawell wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:53 pm
canucklhead wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:56 am I know a guy in Sinoville.
Can he get me a lion?
There are a couple at the lion roundabout you can have for free. No one will miss them.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

timmydownawell wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:38 am It takes about a month from your second vax for it to be available. There was a post recently for a pick up locations on FB. Not sure but I think I saw it in one of the threads.
So, the old handwritten ones are just temporary cards? I know a girl who got both her jabs in Daun Penh and didn't even get an old card, she has to collect her new one at some point in the future.

How the hell do you track down where your one will be available for collection, or do you go along at a location and they then produce it?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic