Old and New Vaccination cards

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Old and New Vaccination cards

Post by timmydownawell »

yongchi wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:47 pm
timmydownawell wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:46 am OK I knew I'd seen it somewhere. It's not an exhaustive list though, probably just the earlier vax locations that finished a month ago with cards now ready:

Where to get your photo cards

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50882869/e ... -released/

My understanding is, however, you should wait for a phone call to collect your card.
"Citizens who have not received the Vaccination Cards are invited to receive the Vaccination Cards at the locations designated below."

Looking at the list, all the contacts are members of the Armed Forces.

I hope I am wrong (photo card would be nice), but I believe this list is only for folks who have received a paper and no card.
They didn't take everyone's photo for nothing!
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Bluenose »

Doc67 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:49 am
Bluenose wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:38 am
Doc67 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:06 am
ergosemper wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:27 am Image

This? I would love to swap my blue handwritten one for this more official-looking one. Plus... the guy who wrote my name on the card misspelled my given name.

Pic source: https://ips-cambodia.com/phnom-penh-pla ... -doing-it/
Exactly. Need to track down where they are being issued.
I got a phone call telling me my card was ready and to go to where I got the jabs. All good, except they put the wrong date for the 2nd jab so the issue date for the card pre-dates the date of the 2nd jab, I can see that causing a problem down the line...
Did you ever get issued with the old handwritten one or is this your first card?

I'm trying to establish if they intend to replace the original automatically or I have to go and force the issue.
I only had the piece of paper that got stamped at the time of the jabs which was exchanged for the printed plastic card, I never had one of the blue hand-written ones
Equinix
Expatriate

Post by Equinix »

timmydownawell wrote:
timmydownawell wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:46 am OK I knew I'd seen it somewhere. It's not an exhaustive list though, probably just the earlier vax locations that finished a month ago with cards now ready:

My understanding is, however, you should wait for a phone call to collect your card.
"Citizens who have not received the Vaccination Cards are invited to receive the Vaccination Cards at the locations designated below."

I hope I am wrong (photo card would be nice), but I believe this list is only for folks who have received a paper and no card.
The photo shows up on when you scan the QR code and get directed to a government website. (maybe they improved security and it doesn't show you anything unless logged in)
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Equinix wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:10 pm
timmydownawell wrote:

The photo shows up on when you scan the QR code and get directed to a government website. (maybe they improved security and it doesn't show you anything unless logged in)
Yeah, someone showed me that trick. If an official wanted to check it's validity they can do it. But the card with photo is clearly the final version and these blue handwritten ones were cobbled together in a hurry.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic