French restaurant, Chez Gaston on St 178 comes down with Covid

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

French restaurant, Chez Gaston on St 178 comes down with Covid

Post by Clutch Cargo »

I heard on the grapevine a few days ago that the owner of Chez Gaston, French restaurant on st 178 (just down from Grand River restaurant) has succumbed to Covid. I don't know the back story as to how he tested positive but apparently an ambulance came to take him to presumably a quarantine centre (or hospital?) and he didn't want to go and made a bit of a fuss but eventually went.

Anyway, as of yesterday, it's been confirmed as Chez Gaston's FB page has a post:
If you visited Chez Gaston Restaurant After June 15th 2021, please isolate yourself and get a Covid-19 test as soon as possible.
Albeit there was a post on June 24:
At the restaurant
At Gaston's,
staff are vaccinated and tested negative for Covid-19
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Re: French restaurant, Chez Gaston on St 178 comes down with Covid

Post by Ghostwriter »

Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

clutchcargo wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:54 pm ... has succumbed to Covid.
He died?
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Username Taken wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:52 am
clutchcargo wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:54 pm ... has succumbed to Covid.
He died?
My thoughts exactly, dead or infected?
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

^^
Metaphorically speaking...aka it's a hostile world out there with many dangers.. :wink:

Besides, I figure he's just tested positive and OK, otherwise he wouldn't be resisting a trip to a treatment facility.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

clutchcargo wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:48 am ^^
Metaphorically speaking...aka it's a hostile world out there with many dangers.. :wink:

Besides, I figure he's just tested positive and OK, otherwise he wouldn't be resisting a trip to a treatment facility.
You're very opaque today Clutch...
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Doc67 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:01 am

Sinovac does that to a person...you lose transparency :whistler:
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

clutchcargo wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:10 am
Doc67 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:01 am

Sinovac does that to a person...you lose transparency :whistler:
yet you still reveal that fact?
reflexline
Expatriate

Post by reflexline »

Unfortunate news, but a likely outcome of the lack of precautions taken. Why were people not informed for two weeks?
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

reflexline wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:14 am Unfortunate news, but a likely outcome of the lack of precautions taken. Why were people not informed for two weeks?
I don't know for sure but seems he was tested positive on the 27th or the day before and I'd say they've added 2 weeks back from that as the period that he contracted it and infectious.

As to precautions, restaurants can obviously be higher risk areas as masks are taken off for eating/drinking and social distancing can be problematic especially in a small confined places like this one. And then you have a number of staff working there that could bring it in. Also, those temperature check/hand sanitiser machines are only good to check whether you have a fever but you could still be a spreader yet be asymptomatic.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic