Expat in Phnom Penh Needs Blood After Accident

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Matty9999
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Expat in Phnom Penh Needs Blood After Accident

Post by Matty9999 »

According to Facebook we have 9 friends in common.
ergosemper
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by ergosemper »

Oh my word, my popcorn popper broke down. Always when threads like this blow up..
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

British man falls in bathroom with drugs, later dies at Khema Hospital
June 30, 2021 4:57 PM
Cambodia News, Phnom Penh: A British man at 4:30 pm on June 28, 2021 was taken from Room 3, PRANDARA Guesthouse, located at 70B, Street 244, Khan Daun Penh to Khema Hospital and died there at 10:30 pm on June 29, 2021.

According to the local police, the deceased, named as DAVID KARIM ANDREW NISBET, male, born in OCTOBER 1979, was found with cuts on both buttocks - 17 stitches were sewn by the hospital doctor - and the victim's urine tested positive for morphine.
According to the first witness, Chheang Channoeun, a 30-year-old female doctor at Khema Hospital, on the evening of June 28, 2021, PRANDARA called the hospital to pick up an accident victim at the guesthouse. At that time, we got out of the car and took the victim to the hospital. The victim was still alive, but he had a cut on both buttocks and a lot of bleeding, so the doctor gave him medicine. The victim was wounded and stitched, but the victim's condition worsened until 10:30 pm on June 29, 2021, when the victim died.

According to the second witness, Phim Sophea, a 33-year-old man in charge of the guesthouse, said that the victim had been renting my room for a week, at 4 o'clock. At 10 pm on June 28, 2021, while I was outside, my staff called to say that the victim had fallen in the bathroom. The witness continued, "I arrived at the victim's room and saw the victim lying on the tile floor inside the bathroom in front of the bathroom with a wound in the buttocks and the glass in the bathroom was broken and blood stains. I immediately called Khema Hospital. Shortly afterwards, an ambulance arrived and took the victim to the rescue, and only on the morning of June 30, 2021 did the hospital call to tell me that the victim was dead."

According to the explanation of the third witness, Fabrice, a Swiss man staying in a room next to the victim's room, said that at 3:30 pm on June 28, 2021, when I was in my room, suddenly there was a loud noise coming from the victim's room. Shortly afterwards, I went down to tell the staff, and they went up to see the victim had fallen in the bathroom, breaking some glass, and he was injured in the buttocks. They then took the injured man to the hospital.
- Khmeread
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Grand Barong »

Captain Bonez wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:25 pm Did he squat on the toilet and wreck himself?

Quite possible that he slipped/fell/squatted? on the toilet and the pedestal shattered causing a cut to an artery leading to major blood loss.
Certainly a freak accident...

Unfortunately he wouldn't be the first to die in such a manner if thats what happened, the link below shows a khmer male who was killed the same way.

https://www.theage.com.au/world/man-die ... e2de3.html
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Broken porcelain is fucking sharp.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Lost50
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Lost50 »

Hope he doesn't end up being the butt of jokes.
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Grand Barong »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:46 pm Broken porcelain is fucking sharp.
Spark plug ceramic shards are super sharp.. Ninja rocks :assasin:

SwiftAsTHOT
Expatriate

Post by SwiftAsTHOT »

Why did they Photoshop white boxes over the results for methamphetamine and amphetamine?
SwiftAsTHOT
Expatriate

Post by SwiftAsTHOT »

HarryBF111 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:46 pm
drozd wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:18 pm "cuts on both buttocks"... Anyhow R.I.P.

Strange story. On FB people said he had been fighting on 172. Was it the drugs or the bleeding buttocks or the internal wounds from a possible beating that got him?
Maybe he outlived his usefulness

mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

Grand Barong wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:07 pm
John Bingham wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:46 pm Broken porcelain is fucking sharp.
Spark plug ceramic shards are super sharp.. Ninja rocks :assasin:

Hard not not sharp.
People of the world, spice up your life.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic