Expat in Phnom Penh Needs Blood After Accident

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Expat in Phnom Penh Needs Blood After Accident

Post by Grand Barong »

Does anybody know the details surrounding this accident?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Grand Barong wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:21 pm Does anybody know the details surrounding this accident?
Yeah, some kind of palaver on 172. Monkey bizniss. 8)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Grand Barong »

Such an interesting street, I have never had any issues there but I don't go looking for it either.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

After my release from my last quarantine (just after the zones were lifted) I went for a wander around the city, just walking the streets to see what places had survived and which hadn't, and just to get a general vibe of what was happening...172 was like a scene out of the Walking Dead, fuck all was open, but there were was an unusually high number of filthy, skeletor looking junkies (foreigners & locals) just wandering around asking for spare change...and to be honest it was probably the only time I have ever felt semi-unsafe walking around PP, and this was in the middle of the day!

Back on topic...I saw the brother posted a comment on FB that David has passed away already, but can't find it now, will have another look.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:23 pm After my release from my last quarantine (just after the zones were lifted) I went for a wander around the city, just walking the streets to see what places had survived and which hadn't, and just to get a general vibe of what was happening...172 was like a scene out of the Walking Dead, fuck all was open, but there were was an unusually high number of filthy, skeletor looking junkies (foreigners & locals) just wandering around asking for spare change...and to be honest it was probably the only time I have ever felt semi-unsafe walking around PP, and this was in the middle of the day!

Back on topic...I saw the brother posted a comment on FB that David has passed away already, but can't find it now, will have another look.
I stay indoors mostly, have meal deliveries from food panda, but on the odd occasion just have a ride to the other riverbank to see what's happening over there, picking up a takeaway on the journey. I went up street 172, in the past I have sat in many of the restaurants with friends. But that evening most places were closed. With the places closed it is so very dark and with the unwelcome feeling, so different from how it was. I also had a kind of feeling like PSD-Kiwi. And I very rarely have such, with me in the past going around the city and its alleyways in the night or early hours seeking out and photographing the local street art. But, let's say on 172 being a little apprehensive, more so with some characters in the shadows.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

172 is the new 178.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

So is he dead?
People of the world, spice up your life.
bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

Post by bossho »

mannanman wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:04 am So is he dead?
Yes, it appears David Nisbet has passed on.
A couple local sources confirmed and this is from his brother, Richard James Nisbet's, Facebook page:
"EDIT......
I'm sorry to say that my brother has passed away after me and his father agreed for treatment to be withdrawn. His injuries were too severe to have any chance of surviving. Thanks all for your help, it is appreciated. X EDIT...."

My condolences to his family, RIP.
Last edited by bossho on Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

Oh dear. Awful for his family.

If it was a fracas them someone is up for murder.
People of the world, spice up your life.
Stiliko
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Stiliko »

I’m completely at sea on this one (distressingly a more
common state of affairs lately)

So is this Nisbet the same guy as Hisham Mohamed Sayed Mohamed Elwardani? From the other thread?

Can someone piece together a somewhat plausible narrative out of this rats nest?
she was quite pretty and looked older
she knew only what had been told her
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic