Expat agrees to sell pressure washer for $70- but sends toy firetruck instead

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Expat agrees to sell pressure washer for $70- but sends toy firetruck instead

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

From social media:

ImageImage

'Hey people’s be careful of this scammer or scammers as I’m sure more than one person is in this.
He is located in siem reap calls himself Mario cambodia so he says
He was paid for a karcher pressure washer that was advertised on Facebook but he sent me a box of toys.
He first told he was selling this unit for his friend who could not speak English.
I send the money via wing after having several conversations with him plus he send me a few pictures and all seemed ok. He told me he had to wait until latter tonight he would let me know that his friend had received the money.
He told me his friend had received the money and was getting it ready to send and told me latter it was sent via bun virak bus from siem reap to Kampot and sent me the slip. It was little hard to read so asked him to get his friend to resend it again so it’s more clearer in case something happened to the item well that never happened.
When I recieved the so called pressure washer box and realised it was wrong I tried to msg but with no response so I decided to call the number that was supposed to be his friends number on the wing transfer slip only to find it was the man I had spoke to from beginning this started me thinking and I started to think then there was something not right but this is cambodia and things do get mixed up at bus depo so I gave him the benefit of the doubt.(stupid me lol)
He said to me to give him some time to sort it out and he will ask his friend what happened.
Of course this did not happen and his Facebook profile had now disappeared
I don’t care about the money I just do not want anyone else to get ripped of by theses local expat scammers.
And before anyone’s says something of course I followed up with bus company.
I will include pictures of item and our conversation and his profile picture which has now been removed from Facebook and the item has also been removed.'

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
BillDoe
BANNED
United States of America

Re: Expat agrees to sell pressure washer for $70- but sends toy firetruck instead

Post by BillDoe »

Should be thankful he even got a box of toys
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Re: Expat agrees to sell pressure washer for $70- but sends toy firetruck instead

Post by IraHayes »

I can piss harder than the Karcher K2... The K4 & K5 are the boys toys to get :beer2:
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

$70 seems cheap for that item. What's the price new for an item like this?

Most people selling second hand stuff here think it's worth as near as damn it to the retail price so anything that looks like a bargain: see it, feel it, test it - then buy it.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

Should’ve sent him a box of commas.
People of the world, spice up your life.
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Grand Barong »

Looks like the prick saw an opportunity to scam you as soon as he realised you were not in the same town, and sent the box of stupid toys to try
to blame the bus company for a mix up... I would be posting this on as many Kampot noticeboards/facebook buy & sell pages that I could find to name and shame him... no doubt not the first time he's probably done this type of thing...

John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Doc67 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:47 am $70 seems cheap for that item. What's the price new for an item like this?
It's fucked though, the side of it is all wrapped up in electrical tape.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
rubberbaron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by rubberbaron »

Doc67 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:47 am $70 seems cheap for that item. What's the price new for an item like this?

Most people selling second hand stuff here think it's worth as near as damn it to the retail price so anything that looks like a bargain: see it, feel it, test it - then buy it.
I bought it directly from the Karcher shop in PP and paid $117 a year ago. Previous one broke down which I had bought in SHV at Meng Huot Hardware for $130.
TWY
Expatriate
Macedonia

Post by TWY »

Heck of a lot of effort for $70.

I actually think I've seen this guy riding a bicycle a few times in Siem Reap - could be mistaken of course.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

TWY wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:28 pm Heck of a lot of effort for $70.
Hey, that's 140 draught beers :wink: .
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic