Where to get a Covid Vaccine now in PP?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
CamboPete
Tourist
Cambodia

Where to get a Covid Vaccine now in PP?

Post by CamboPete »

I did not get a jab, yet - I am not an anti-vaccer or something. There were multiple reasons for this, on one hand I was forced to wait (passport return from visa renewal when I was asked by landlord) and on the other hand, I did want to wait, because I could work from home / for more info / possibly another vaccine offered / info about new string protection etc. But most of all, because I did not assume that the vaccination program will be STOPPED for people in an area which were selected to receive vaccination. ... Completion of vacc program at end of June and expanding the vaccination program to another region did not sound the same to me. Besides, it's still June.

I just read this yesterday:
https://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/ ... last-shots
Saying, that everyone who did not get it yet shall do so until July 8.

I went yesterday straight to my district vacc site and was told that they have finished the administration of shots already. Downer.
Today, I went to the Ministry of Work and Vocational Labour (since i have Work Permit and Working VIsa) and was told the same.

Now, I wonder - since there is that public call: Where can I get a shot in PP now? Is it maybe now in a centralized location for PP?

I can't hardly believe that there is a shortage until 8th with all the new vaccine orders rolling in, as possibly suggested here:
https://www.nationthailand.com/international/40002507 (found this link on another post here)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Jack.R.
Expatriate

Re: Where to get a Covid Vaccine now in PP?

Post by Jack.R. »

Just go early morning to any vaccination center and ask to get vaccinated. It might take a bit of talking or 20$ but they will give fill for you a white paper and give you the jab. Now they are not even that busy so it's not a problem. Might take a little perseverance in finding the guy that can give the papers or you can get the paper first from your village chief.
Or if you can get a color scan print it yourself is just a formality but they care about it.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

Standby. Here, or I might PM you.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
CamboPete
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by CamboPete »

Jack.R. wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:45 pm Just go early morning to any vaccination center and ask to get vaccinated. It might take a bit of talking or 20$ but they will give fill for you a white paper and give you the jab. Now they are not even that busy so it's not a problem. Might take a little perseverance in finding the guy that can give the papers or you can get the paper first from your village chief.
Or if you can get a color scan print it yourself is just a formality but they care about it.
Thanks for your response.
I was at my vaccination center. They just straight said, they have stopped.
Could you provide the location of another vaccination centre, which I could try (if possible around Khan Mancheay/Chak Angre Leu).
Are you referring to a paper stating that I reside in this specific district from Sangkat Office?
CamboPete
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by CamboPete »

Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:01 pm Standby. Here, or I might PM you.
Thanks, will wait for an update.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

I can't believe Westerners are still being turned away.

Watch.....once they close the books on the vaccination drive......various authorities will suddenly become all indignant with those not vaccinated.

An anecdote from my own vaccination experience. I was in a long line of Khmer and there was a guy standing there with one of those huge portable insecticide sprayers, filled with some nice antibacterial soup.

As I passed him I felt like I was getting rained on. It was this yahoo hosing me down.

I didn't see him do that to any of the Khmer in front of me or behind me.

Cambodians, you can take your xenophobic bullshit and shove it up your ass.

I'd love nothing more than to see your faces if all Western resources up and left.

When our pocketbooks are open.......you're nothing but smiles.........when it's time to assist us...... bullshit shenanigans and lies.
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

ImageImage
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

Brody wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:14 pm I can't believe Westerners are still being turned away.

Watch.....once they close the books on the vaccination drive......various authorities will suddenly become all indignant with those not vaccinated.

An anecdote from my own vaccination experience. I was in a long line of Khmer and there was a guy standing there with one of those huge portable insecticide sprayers, filled with some nice antibacterial soup.

As I passed him I felt like I was getting rained on. It was this yahoo hosing me down.

I didn't see him do that to any of the Khmer in front of me or behind me.

Cambodians, you can take your xenophobic bullshit and shove it up your ass.

I'd love nothing more than to see your faces if all Western resources up and left.

When our pocketbooks are open.......you're nothing but smiles.........when it's time to assist us...... bullshit shenanigans and lies.
I had a similar experience; I was spraying people with my super-sized.. haha. Actully, I too got sprayed and the sprayer then went to the locals sitting near me, and whispered something to which they all laughed, looked back and applied those nose-snort laughter brakes. They didn't know I was official-accompanied (number 1 in line, thank you very much), and when he came over (he noticed me crying), he translated their saying to "clean on top, but sludge at the bottom" which I thought re-translated to nice outside, bad in. But, it simply meant that I would be clean except that all the dirt would run down to a sludge pool, and dry at my lower extremities. I almost raised my hand to say "that's true, you're right." Then I thought how that would look if I was correct in my initial translation.
p.s. I always cry just before I rip out someone's larynx and intestines, tie them to their ankles, and yoyo them from my drone. It's a habit I just can't kick.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Try Norodom Primary School, opposite Maybank on Norodom. Between 144 and 154. Better get in quick though. Might already be too late.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

timmydownawell wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:04 pm Try Norodom Primary School, opposite Maybank on Norodom. Between 144 and 154. Better get in quick though. Might already be too late.
timmy, did you get your second jab already?

I know you were toying with the idea of waiting longer than the two weeks.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic