Mistaken identity

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Phnom Penh Pal
BANNED
Cambodia

Mistaken identity

Post by Phnom Penh Pal »

Has your partner ever been mistaken for a massage girl?

Whilst I was doing my wife's visa in the U.K. I rented in the suburbs until late last year when I moved to the next village along. In the first village I was at I was rearing the kids alone and a Thai lady moved in next door - alone. She was the same age as me. Her appearance was slightly haggard, but pretty and apparently had no kids. I surmised, due to her appearance and demeanour that she had had a hard wife whoreing in Thailand and then gotten a sponsor and moved here, moving away from him as soon as she had citizenship.

Later my wife arrived from Cambodia to settle here and they spoke on occasion in the garden or had a cup of tea at her house or our's whilst I was at work. My wife would tell me afterwards that the Thai lady would just dictate to her what to do here and what not to do, also how we should live our lives properly. Apparently I was told to not shout at the kids - this from a woman with no kids.

Her younger sister did have a kid though. An American, the Thai sister and a kid visited. My wife spoke with them and told me afterwards that the Thai sister was nice and friendly and was not outspoken or anything like our neighbour.

Now the funny part. My best mate told me that his brother had been told that his mate was getting tricks from my wife. A little digging and we found out that my neighbour was advising massages at home online.

It's very rare to see SE Asians in my town, let alone two living next to each other in the same village. Oh, how we did laugh when we saw the customers walking in and out of the next terraced house along in a covert manner.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Re: Mistaken identity

Post by Ghostwriter »

Oh i feel you mate
Phnom Penh Pal
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by Phnom Penh Pal »

Mr Dudwee don't leave. I'll do eee...nny..thing!
techietraveller84
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by techietraveller84 »

How is your wife reacting to the situation? Avoiding the neighbor, keeping things the same, or hiding out in embarrassment from the mix up?
Phnom Penh Pal
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by Phnom Penh Pal »

techietraveller84 wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:40 am How is your wife reacting to the situation? Avoiding the neighbor, keeping things the same, or hiding out in embarrassment from the mix up?
My wife is laughing at the Thai girl who attempts to hide the massages. She doesn't know that we know. However my wife is envious of the older woman's abilities to successfully grow Thai basil in her garden. My wife's attempts are poor. Who would grow Thai basil in a chimney brest without good soil, manure and some special water???

I bet the Thai woman has plenty of special water.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

The title doesn’t really correspond to the content. It should be “Gossiping neighbour said something”.
People of the world, spice up your life.
siliconlife
Expatriate
Palau Island

Post by siliconlife »

mannanman wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:53 am The title doesn’t really correspond to the content. It should be “Gossiping neighbour said something”.
You must have missed the part where a mutual friend mistook his wife for the massage lady next door.
Phnom Penh Pal
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by Phnom Penh Pal »

The title of this group doesn't correspond with the expatriates commenting and should probably be called 'indistinct chatter'.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic