Sex-trafficking survivor: I like making others beautiful

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
AE86
Expatriate
Japan

Re: Sex-trafficking survivor: I like making others beautiful

Post by AE86 »

^^You mean 1/5th?
-insert signature here
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Sounds like a sketchy story for sure. Pretty sure it got doners opening their wallets, purses, so mission accomplished.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
picooie
Expatriate

Post by picooie »

World Vision is one of the less than stellar NGO's. Christian based hacks conning money out of people who don't know better and supporting their grand lifestyles.

picooie
rick_o'shea
Expatriate

Post by rick_o'shea »

World vision is ALWAYS advertising for staff. They are either expanding at a stellar pace or have a massive turnover of local staff.
picooie
Expatriate

Post by picooie »

World Vision has one of the worst ratios of dollars going to help vs administrative costs. Plus I have issues with NGO's who help people only if you listen to their convert to Christianity BS.

Rick it is probably turn over.

picooie
Otis
Expatriate

Post by Otis »

Don't the girls in the sewing factories make more - say $120 to $180 per month?
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Otis wrote:Don't the girls in the sewing factories make more - say $120 to $180 per month?
I seem to recall bare minimum wage in the garment factories being at least $135.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
picooie
Expatriate

Post by picooie »

As of a year ago the starting wage at a garmet factory was about $80.00 per month. Ten to eleven hours a day six days a week. I think they have gotten somewhat of a raise with all the stink but most likely the minimum is about $100.00 to 135.00. at least in the countryside. In Phnom Phen the wages are higher.

picooie
Otis
Expatriate

Post by Otis »

I get a report of 130 to 150 from a girl I know whose sister works in a garment factory in Kampong Cham.

In any event the Visionaries don't have much bragging rights for the wage they got her. A very mediocre result for an effort undertaken with the presumed assistance of a Personal Savior
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Otis wrote:A very mediocre result for an effort undertaken with the presumed assistance of a Personal Savior
It's just so easy to come up with stuff like this when Santa Jesus doesn't pay off like a slot machine exactly the way we think he should, huh?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic