Woman Suffers Facial Injuries in Tuktuk Bag Snatch

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Woman Suffers Facial Injuries in Tuktuk Bag Snatch

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News, (Phnom Penh): According to a Toul Kork police report, a woman passenger riding in a tuk-tuk suffered facial injuries when she was attacked by two suspects on a motocycle, at 4:30pm on 24 June, 2021, in front of house number 272, street 182, village 4, Toul Kork district, Phnom Penh.
The woman, a 43-year-old Khmer fruit seller, was injured when two thugs violently seized her money bag. Fortunately, the police arrested Vann Sopheak, called Da, 37 years old, Khmer, fake business,and Pepet, 38 years old Khmer man with no real job, both residing in Phnom Penh.
Suspects are temporarily detained at Toul Kork County Sheriff's Office for questioning, and the woman has recovered her bag and her belongings.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Woman Suffers Facial Injuries in Tuktuk Bag Snatch

Post by Doc67 »

Poor woman, as if life isn't hard enough selling fruits in the markets, she get bashed up and robbed by these pair of bastards.

I often wonder how the police catch these people in the act. They must be everywhere.
ergosemper
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by ergosemper »

The lowest of the lowest. Riles me up when such methheads feed their atrocious habit using money taken from a hardworking fruit seller who, I am sure, earns less during these already difficult times.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

ergosemper wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:09 am The lowest of the lowest. Riles me up when such methheads feed their atrocious habit using money taken from a hardworking fruit seller who, I am sure, earns less during these already difficult times.
Sure I agree , but don’t you know / realize 2 rules ?
1. It’s dog eat dog
2. Survival of the fittest
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

Oh … and can’t forget karma
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
ergosemper
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by ergosemper »

pissontheroof wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:28 am
ergosemper wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:09 am The lowest of the lowest. Riles me up when such methheads feed their atrocious habit using money taken from a hardworking fruit seller who, I am sure, earns less during these already difficult times.
Sure I agree , but don’t you know / realize 2 rules ?
1. It’s dog eat dog
2. Survival of the fittest
No sorry I don't agree with your flawed version of society's rules. As for 1, dogs deserve more respect than these cerebrally challenged beings. And for 2, the fittest who or what?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

pissontheroof wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:29 am Oh … and can’t forget karma
What the hell has it got to do with karma? Your posts are mindless garbage.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

1 and 2 are the same thing.
Might as well add 3. he who dares wins.

That makes as much sense as your nonsense.
People of the world, spice up your life.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

The guy on the left (of photo) has some facial injuries too, so I'm guessing that he was the "snatcher" and he got taken down.

There are not so many CEO News reports of bag and phone snatchings in PP these days, but I'd guess that it's because most of the victims are locals, and not because there are fewer snatch attacks. Lots of people are out of work and kids are out of school, both with no money.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:12 am Image bag. Fortunately, the police arrested Vann Sopheak, called Da, 37 years old, Khmer,
This Da guy is strikingly familiar

Either its not the first time I've seen his mugshot, or he used work somewhere that I have seen him before
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic