They Relied on Chinese Vaccines. Now They're Battling Outbreaks.

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Re: They Relied on Chinese Vaccines. Now They're Battling Outbreaks.

Post by Grand Barong »

BillDoe wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:29 am All these dumbass expats even trusting this vaccine, I wouldn't be surprised if large amounts of people start having severe health issues by the end of the vaccines lifetime.
I am guessing these "Dumbass expats" may not have the luxury of choosing their preferred vaccine whilst abroad, So better some level of protection than none
against this virus especially if they have compromised health to start with and are living in a country ill equipped to deal with a mass outbreak...
You are a real ray of sunshine aren't you... :facepalm:
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

the main reason i would get the vaccine is so i can travel quarantine free.
If certain vaccines will not be accepted.. well wont get that one for sure

Will wait for a choice...
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:32 pm the main reason i would get the vaccine is so i can travel quarantine free.

I would have thought you may have more pressing reasons to get a vaccine, given the amount of threads in which you mentioned one of your kids has allegedly suffered "long Covid" over the past year
BillDoe
BANNED
United States of America

Post by BillDoe »

Grand Barong wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:22 pm
BillDoe wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:29 am All these dumbass expats even trusting this vaccine, I wouldn't be surprised if large amounts of people start having severe health issues by the end of the vaccines lifetime.
I am guessing these "Dumbass expats" may not have the luxury of choosing their preferred vaccine whilst abroad, So better some level of protection than none
against this virus especially if they have compromised health to start with and are living in a country ill equipped to deal with a mass outbreak...
Why even get it? You're believing the literal CCP? That's like saying "oh were out of milk, guess I'll have to use beer in my Cheerios"
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:32 pm the main reason i would get the vaccine is so i can travel quarantine free.

Never heard anyone talk about “quarantine free” travel. Possibly if you were to return home and had their approved vaccine.

Not going to happen anytime soon and not for at least 5 years in SEA. Especially if you’re at risk.
People of the world, spice up your life.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

BillDoe wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:15 pm
Grand Barong wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:22 pm
Why even get it? You're believing the literal CCP? That's like saying "oh were out of milk, guess I'll have to use beer in my Cheerios"
I don't believe the CCP but I also don't believe your scaremongering about 'large amounts of people start having severe health issues by the end of the vaccines lifetime'. :hattip:
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:44 pm

I would have thought you may have more pressing reasons to get a vaccine, given the amount of threads in which you mentioned one of your kids has allegedly suffered "long Covid" over the past year
yes, she has long covid an lives 8,000 miles from me.
how does that affect me?
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

mannanman wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:16 pm

Never heard anyone talk about “quarantine free” travel. Possibly if you were to return home and had their approved vaccine.

Not going to happen anytime soon and not for at least 5 years in SEA. Especially if you’re at risk.
Phuket is starting what they refer to as "Phuket sandbox" July 1st
if you have had both ur shots, covid free certificate and insurance you can travel to Phuket.
You only need remain on the island, ( not confined to ur hotel) for 2 weeks, than ur free to travel around thailand.
They expect to open the rest of the country by oct if you have had ur shots

You honestly expect SE Asia to remain closed for 5 years to travelers without quarantine?

To return to the states you dont even need have had any shots. Dont know about Europe
Last edited by phuketrichard on Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:21 pm
Jerry Atrick wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:44 pm

yes, she has long covid an lives 8,000 miles from me.
how does that affect me?

Well, you are an older guy, covid fucks the elderly the hardest along with the fatties, and there is plenty covid in Thailand
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Post by rogerrabbit »

mannanman wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:16 pm

Many countries are talking about quarantine free travel for vaccinated people. It's happening already in Europe and next month in Phuket.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic