American expat AARON DENNIS ADAIR goes postal in Kampot, Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

American expat AARON DENNIS ADAIR goes postal in Kampot, Cambodia

Post by mannanman »

American expat with a history of hateful outbursts, Aaron Dennis Adair, was detained by Cambodian police after he was caught on CCTV vandalizing a mom and pop store and yelling horrible insults at a woman. He doesn't appear to speak any Khmer and the shopkeeper didn't appear to speak English. He asked for some water, and when she didn't seem to understand he started yelling at her and wrecked her shop. He headed back to the streets to get back on his motorbike before getting off again and throwing more things around her store while continuing to hurl insults at her.

Aaron studied in Redding, California and was also arrested in Pennsylvania for 'voiding human excretion,' which likely for urinating in public within the city limits. The date of this offence was May 13, 2007. The charges were dismissed by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania on May 20, 2021, likely because of a statute of limitations and he never appeared in court.

Whatever the reason, there’s no need for the stuff he said. He’s got no shirt on or mask.

Updated: His name is AARON ADAIR (AARON DENNIS ADAIR) and goes by AARON SOLOMON as well.

Graduated from Shasta College in California.

Taught English in Cambodia.

At least for two days, until he quit.

Another image of Aaron Dennis Adair riding off with a Cambodian police officer. Local media reports that he was arrested and charged with destrucion of property and will be sent to court to face thee charges.

People of the world, spice up your life.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: American expat goes postal in Kampot

Post by Anchor Moy »

Someone on Kampot Noticeboard said that he has just been arrested. I hope there will be a video of him grovelling and asking forgiveness.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Boy is heading for a beating, and rightly so. Temple Town has got the pedos, Kampot has the violent nutcases.
The Judge
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by The Judge »

It is very frustrating to me as well when I've attempted to go up to the front of a store, not inside, to buy something and the people get up and walk away, or raise an arm with fingers spread and twist their wrists back and forth (Khmer sign language for get the fuck away from me, I'm not interested in your business), without even asking what I want. I can't count how many times that's happened to me in the years I've been here. Nonetheless, I've never thrown their inventory on the ground, as tempting as it might have been.
The Judge
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by The Judge »

Anchor Moy wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:34 pm Someone on Kampot Noticeboard said that he has just been arrested. I hope there will be a video of him grovelling and asking forgiveness.
For the social media-challenged like myself, could you please post a link to the Kampot Noticeboard? I'd like to check in on the goings on there from time to time. TIA
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

He said they’re racist and refused to sell him water.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

The Judge wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:40 pm It is very frustrating to me as well when I've attempted to go up to the front of a store, not inside, to buy something and the people get up and walk away, or raise an arm with fingers spread and twist their wrists back and forth (Khmer sign language for get the fuck away from me, I'm not interested in your business), without even asking what I want. I can't count how many times that's happened to me in the years I've been here. Nonetheless, I've never thrown their inventory on the ground, as tempting as it might have been.
Can’t say it’s ever happened to me, before COVID-19, but I just smile and go elsewhere.

This guy has issues. (Especially now he’s been arrested!)
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

GMJS-CEO wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:44 pm He said they’re racist and refused to sell him water.
He’s also calling them refugees and claiming “we” saved them from the water, meaning they are boat people.

I don’t recall America saving Cambodia, well maybe after they bombed the place and in some ways financed its demise.
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

The Judge wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:40 pm It is very frustrating to me as well when I've attempted to go up to the front of a store, not inside, to buy something and the people get up and walk away, or raise an arm with fingers spread and twist their wrists back and forth (Khmer sign language for get the fuck away from me, I'm not interested in your business), without even asking what I want. I can't count how many times that's happened to me in the years I've been here. Nonetheless, I've never thrown their inventory on the ground, as tempting as it might have been.
I was in Kampot last week, the police were busy with Covid checkpoints on route 3. There were lots of businesses locked down or taped off and those that were open all had hand sanitizer and masks compulsory. I suspect this arsehole was called out about no mask and this was his response.
What a shame there wasn’t a half dozen tuk tuk drivers on hand to throw him a beating.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

That’s a surprise, the Kampot Noticeboard admin turned off comments!

People saying he’s Irish. Lols 😂
He’s a a Yank.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic