American expat AARON DENNIS ADAIR goes postal in Kampot, Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: American expat AARON DENNIS ADAIR goes postal in Kampot, Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I suggest you find a better crowd.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

^

Well, somebody nodding out mid sentence weirdly at the bar to awaken an hour later and try and resume the same sentence before scratching extensively and then shuffling off to the toilet for an inappropriate amount of time probably seemed a touch off to the happy alcoholics of Ho Chi Minh Q1
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

Khmu Nation wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:30 pm Yeah, I was a loser when a user - or maybe society had made me feel like a loser and that lead me to being a user. I don't know. But I do know this. Heroin addiction is no different from alcoholism and, yes, I agree they are both for losers or they certianly both turn people into total losers. There are so many drunks in this part of the world sitting in their usual spot at some dive bar at the same time every night of the week banging on about

(a) lockdown (b) global politics (c) sport (d) life in PP (or Saigon or wherever) and how you are paying too much for EVERYTHING and they get everything CHEAPER
(d) why the entire indigenous population are total assholes (e) some dog on their street that barks too much (f) the price of land and how they are considering buying some plot (that they have been considering buying for the last decade) (g) gossip about the other expats in their scene (h) currency exchange rate and how it affects their pension (i) Bitcoin

This is all before they get picked up by the wife on her brand new high-end scooter (paid for by him) to get driven home because they "can't drive in se asia, these gooks dont have a goddamn clue about road safety!" when really they don't drive due to road rage which is actually caused by their alcoholism - but they can't see this as they aren't alcoholics - "I just enjoy a few beers in the evening goddamit"

A bunch of these dudes used to gather at a bar on Pham Ngu Lao Q.1 HCMC that I used to frequent. I got on first name terms with them, went around their houses etc. However, upon discovering I was a heroin user they all totally ostracised me, called me a loser, a junkie, a scumbag etc and they never spoke to me again. I found it very odd. They were all drunks and most of them sat there smoking pot all night as well.

Conditioning, that's all. All drugs are equally shit

Everything in moderation

:thumb:
For me alchaholism is a way of life , it don’t make me any more of an asshole as i allready am .
In other words , it makes me normal ..
and another thing , whatever don’t kill you makes you stronger .
I’m way past my expiration date .
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger is clearly nonsense. How about a guy who falls off a roof and is paralyzed from the neck down but miraculously survives?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

Post by bossho »

John Bingham wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:41 pm I suggest you find a better crowd.
To whom?

pussy pass
BillDoe
BANNED
United States of America

Post by BillDoe »

John Bingham wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:16 pm Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger is clearly nonsense. How about a guy who falls off a roof and is paralyzed from the neck down but miraculously survives?
Because he lived retard
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

BillDoe wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:13 pm
John Bingham wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:16 pm Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger is clearly nonsense. How about a guy who falls off a roof and is paralyzed from the neck down but miraculously survives?
Because he lived retard
I think you missed "ed" at the end of retard.

Because only a retarded would think one is automatically stronger when paralyzed.

Try google Christopher Reeve. Once Superman (for fake), then Superwheels (for real).
BillDoe
BANNED
United States of America

Post by BillDoe »

Ghostwriter wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:26 pm
Because he lived retard
I think you missed "ed" at the end of retard.

Because only a retarded would think one is automatically stronger when paralyzed.

Try google Christopher Reeve. Once Superman (for fake), then Superwheels (for real).
And he's called superman and you're called what? Chair warmer? Taxi girl test driver?
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Because he lived retard
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Grand Barong »

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic