American expat AARON DENNIS ADAIR goes postal in Kampot, Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Jpfrodsham
Tourist
Christmas Island

Re: American expat AARON DENNIS ADAIR goes postal in Kampot, Cambodia

Post by Jpfrodsham »

He was well known for his ridiculous behavior here in SR. Would regularly start fights with women then run off ss soon ss men turned up.
True story; I watched him get beat up by a dwarf once..
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

I'm not going to judge the guy on his education, who knows what his back story is and I've met plenty of 'well qualified' but still clueless idiots working in Asia. And vice versa.I don't see how it's relevant to this.

But after seeing a few of his videos... what a fucking dickhead, I'll definitely judge him on that.I hate that people like that are out there making the other 98 percent of foreigners look bad.
Khmu Nation
Expatriate
Laos

Post by Khmu Nation »

mannanman wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:14 pm
Taught English in Cambodia.

If you look closely you will see this is a native English teacher who can't spell apostrophe.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Khmu Nation wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:48 pm
mannanman wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:14 pm
Taught English in Cambodia.

If you look closely you will see this is a native English teacher who can't spell apostrophe.
Well spotted!
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

He also sets a good example of how not to wear a face mask properly.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

bossho wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:59 pm @Jerry Atrick, "This particular American is clearly a fucking mongoloid.."

FYI Jerry Atrick, the term, "mongoloid" has been a no no word for over 50 years because it was based on junk science and ethnic Mongolians were not found to be less intelligent than others. I'll weather the PC crap thrown my way for bringing this up, but, for my Mongolian friends, I won't back down. Loads of synonyms would fit in just fine here."
It’s the miss-use of the term which makes the term most unfortunate, and a no no. As in this particular reference.

Mongoloid being used in at least two ways-

To very roughly describe and classify racial groups, such as-
Mongoloid
Caucasoid
Negroid
Terms which presumably are largely outmoded as they don’t give enough credit to the vast range of racial physical differences, and which have since been overtaken by increasing knowledge, understanding and appreciation of the development of the human race. In this case, only the most obtuse, ignorant and biased of people would infer any correlation with intelligence. They, though sadly still exist.

Mongoloid also referred (at least in certain parts of the world) to the facial features, which in certain circumstances were an indicator of a developmental issue- Down’s syndrome. A Down’s child having mongoloid features. Granted, it’s not a very clear or fair use of the term, and which lends itself to misuse by the very same type of people who infer levels of intelligence based solely on racial lines, which has so neatly been demonstrated by Jerry Artick, who missed the vital piece of information that this particular American is clearly in no way mongoloid, and so is misusing the term, and betraying (once again) what seems to be a very unpleasant racist streak! (Ironically, placing himself in the same category as the subject of this thread)

Mongoloid features in otherwise Caucasoid or Negroid races would/could be an indicator of further issues. But it fails to take account of the possibility of mixed race relationships, for instance, who by the very nature of their parents relationship, could be labelled as something so completely inaccurate.

As is often the case, the vast majority of people have to tip toe through eggshells and take inordinate care in how they express themselves, in case their comments are misconstrued, taken out of context, all because a small but prominent minority seek to twist the meanings of terms, and language.

The Pc/woke/bigotry/utterly stupid mob can all sit in the same basket and slug it out as they wish.

Bring back common sense, and a bit of real education.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Freightdog wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:28 pm
bossho wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:59 pm @Jerry Atrick, "This particular American is clearly a fucking mongoloid.."

FYI Jerry Atrick, the term, "mongoloid" has been a no no word for over 50 years because it was based on junk science and ethnic Mongolians were not found to be less intelligent than others. I'll weather the PC crap thrown my way for bringing this up, but, for my Mongolian friends, I won't back down. Loads of synonyms would fit in just fine here."
It’s the miss-use of the term which makes the term most unfortunate, and a no no. As in this particular reference.

Mongoloid being used in at least two ways-

To very roughly describe and classify racial groups, such as-
Mongoloid
Caucasoid
Negroid
Terms which presumably are largely outmoded as they don’t give enough credit to the vast range of racial physical differences, and which have since been overtaken by increasing knowledge, understanding and appreciation of the development of the human race. In this case, only the most obtuse, ignorant and biased of people would infer any correlation with intelligence. They, though sadly still exist.

Mongoloid also referred (at least in certain parts of the world) to the facial features, which in certain circumstances were an indicator of a developmental issue- Down’s syndrome. A Down’s child having mongoloid features. Granted, it’s not a very clear or fair use of the term, and which lends itself to misuse by the very same type of people who infer levels of intelligence based solely on racial lines, which has so neatly been demonstrated by Jerry Artick, who missed the vital piece of information that this particular American is clearly in no way mongoloid, and so is misusing the term, and betraying (once again) what seems to be a very unpleasant racist streak! (Ironically, placing himself in the same category as the subject of this thread)

Mongoloid features in otherwise Caucasoid or Negroid races would/could be an indicator of further issues. But it fails to take account of the possibility of mixed race relationships, for instance, who by the very nature of their parents relationship, could be labelled as something so completely inaccurate.

As is often the case, the vast majority of people have to tip toe through eggshells and take inordinate care in how they express themselves, in case their comments are misconstrued, taken out of context, all because a small but prominent minority seek to twist the meanings of terms, and language.

The Pc/woke/bigotry/utterly stupid mob can all sit in the same basket and slug it out as they wish.

Bring back common sense, and a bit of real education.
The definition that you based this thesis upon is considered obsolete in 2021

Mongoloid, for me, is a derogatory term for a mentally retarded person, like the subject of this thread, Aaron.

It used to be specific to downs folk, but now is basically a slur for a stupid bastard

As for your inference that I have a racist streak, based upon things I have posted here, well use the support function and report them...
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

He's made the KT frontpage - fame at last:

June 17, 2021
American national goes on “rampage” in Kampot shop
There was widespread anger in Kampot and social media yesterday over footage and images of a man – identified as an American national – who terrorised a shop keeper and caused damage to her store.

The images and video were posted up by the shopkeeper – known only as ‘Asrey Kampot’ – who was the unwilling target of what appears to have been an unprovoked attack by the man – who was not wearing a face-mask, in apparent defiance of Royal Government rules. It was also noted that he was not wearing a motorcycle helmet – again, breaking the laws of Cambodia.

‘Asrey’ appealed for help in finding and bringing the perpetrator to justice, saying:

Please, the police, please help the international community to catch a foreigner who destroyed my goods and abused my body without knowing the reason. Hope that the police will help to find justice.

Her pleas for justice came to fruition a few hours later, when the man was arrested by local police.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50875658/v ... mpot-shop/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
The Judge
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by The Judge »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:05 pm He's made the KT frontpage - fame at last:

June 17, 2021
There was widespread anger in Kampot and social media yesterday over footage and images of a man – identified as an American national – who terrorised a shop keeper and caused damage to her store.

The images and video were posted up by the shopkeeper – known only as ‘Asrey Kampot’ – who was the unwilling target of what appears to have been an unprovoked attack by the man – who was not wearing a face-mask, in apparent defiance of Royal Government rules. It was also noted that he was not wearing a motorcycle helmet – again, breaking the laws of Cambodia.

‘Asrey’ appealed for help in finding and bringing the perpetrator to justice, saying:

Please, the police, please help the international community to catch a foreigner who destroyed my goods and abused my body without knowing the reason. Hope that the police will help to find justice.

Her pleas for justice came to fruition a few hours later, when the man was arrested by local police.
Oooh, there's more to the story than what was thought. I hope more details come out.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:05 pm He's made the KT frontpage - fame at last:

June 17, 2021

He wasn't wearing a shirt either. It's illegal to drive a motorcycle without a shirt.ʕಠ_ಠʔ
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic