Viet/Aussie woman says she's been consistently fetishised over her race since her teens

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Viet/Aussie woman says she's been consistently fetishised over her race since her teens

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Ho, a 28-year-old event stylist and anti-racism campaigner
What's an event stylist anyway? :unknown: Is that some new fancy name for event organiser or decorator?
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Viet/Aussie woman says she's been consistently fetishised over her race since her teens

Post by Big Daikon »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:49 am I think she is making a good point. Do you really believe that any woman would be happy to be listening to garbage comments about "yellow fever" and "I’ve always wanted to try Asian" or "I love you long time" etc?
I would agree with this. When a White guy approaches an Asian woman, he doesn't have to (and shouldn't be) so crude as to directly state his intentions. When a guy invites a woman upstairs "for coffee", adults understand the implied meaning. Directly stating his intentions would be quite vulgar.

(All of my experience dating Asian women has been in Asia. I never encountered the PC headaches from Japanese women in Japan. Makes dating so much more fun.)
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:49 am I think she is making a good point. Do you really believe that any woman would be happy to be listening to garbage comments about "yellow fever" and "I’ve always wanted to try Asian" or "I love you long time" etc? This attitude extends all the way to the west where people will assume that if your partner is from SE Asia she must have been a mail-order bride or a hooker. It's just demeaning nonsense and is perpetuated by too many. Have some respect. 8)
But what if she was a mail-order hooker bride? Asking for a friend. :beer1:
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
crob
Expatriate
Australia

Post by crob »

meh, every few weeks Australian papers seems to post a similar story with a asian women complaining about how white men talk to them on tinder.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

^^
Like this one..

Small Asian Woman is Really Angry at Guys with Yellow Fever

post295989.html#p295989
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

I like small Asian women because they make my dick look bigger 8)
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Yobbo wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:00 pm I like small Asian women because they make my dick look bigger 8)
Their little yellow hands. Yup.
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

Big Daikon wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:41 pm
Yobbo wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:00 pm I like small Asian women because they make my dick look bigger 8)
And that expression like they are trying to play a didgeridoo :ROFL:
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Yobbo wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:54 pm
Big Daikon wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:41 pm
And that expression like they are trying to play a didgeridoo :ROFL:
In Japan, that's called "playing the shakuhachi".
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Big Daikon wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:01 am
John Bingham wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:49 am I think she is making a good point. Do you really believe that any woman would be happy to be listening to garbage comments about "yellow fever" and "I’ve always wanted to try Asian" or "I love you long time" etc?
I would agree with this. When a White guy approaches an Asian woman, he doesn't have to (and shouldn't be) so crude as to directly state his intentions. When a guy invites a woman upstairs "for coffee", adults understand the implied meaning. Directly stating his intentions would be quite vulgar.

(All of my experience dating Asian women has been in Asia. I never encountered the PC headaches from Japanese women in Japan. Makes dating so much more fun.)
This whole article is in context of the Bumble dating app and this woman's associated experience...bearing in mind, she states she's an anti-racism campaigner. So that says a lot I think..

Given that, I doubt that guys would say "I’ve always wanted to try Asian" to her face...and symptomatic of social media/dating websites. I dabbled in dating websites when it was new (along with the internet) and my overall experience was negative with a lot of people on there not really genuine and just playing around/fishing for the most part hiding behind their keyboards with throw away lines such as that. I also found that when you actually meet a person on a 'date' they were rarely anything similar to what they sounded like in the cyberspace. It seemed to me the winners in all this were the website owners skimming the fees. IMHO nothing beats face to face, so if one is serious about finding a partner..go join a dance class, sports group, art class..anything really where you can meet people in a natural way.

So why does this woman need to go on a dating app to find a partner anyhow? She looks quite attractive to me and obviously intelligent so I would think she shouldn't have too many issues finding suitable suitors and not necessary to go down this path of online dating unless...1. she's very fussy about her requirements in a man 2. she's part of this Bumble app promo to show that they have a point of differentiation from other dating apps 3. she's got a barrow to push.. as per her stated MO.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic