Zhong Ying International School Accused of Cutting Teachers Salary and Compensating with Rice

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
The Judge
BANNED
Cambodia

Re: Zhong Ying International School Accused of Cutting Teachers Salary and Compensating with Rice

Post by The Judge »

I've always said, "You can't teach stupid."
BillDoe is living proof.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Zhong Ying International School Accused of Cutting Teachers Salary and Compensating with Rice

Post by John Bingham »

He does seem like a bit of a steely dan.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

BillDoe wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:10 pm
The Judge wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:06 pm
BillDoe wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:03 pm
The Judge wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:01 pm @ Bill Doe - You talk so disparagingly about 'teflers', not knowing anything about people's educational or career backgrounds, and as though you're some kind of nuclear physicist. Step off your high horse there, big boy. FFS.
Probably would be considered on par with a nuclear physicist, compared to a telfer of course.
You're such a fucking genius, you can't even get the acronym correct. telfers 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 WTF is a telfer?
You just mentioned them in your last comment, you alright there buddy? Fried your brain? All that kindergarten grading go to your head?
Doh
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:19 pm He does seem like a bit of a steely dan.
More like Squirrely Dan ...... to be faiiiiiiiiiir.
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

Bong Kri wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:33 pm A lot of people take it because they dont want to walk out and lose their deposit.
who would pay a deposit to start a job???????????????
work is for people who cant find truffles
crob
Expatriate
Australia

Post by crob »

The Judge wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:01 am He said, "You can't quit, we have a contract." I said that he had already broken the contract by not paying me the correct amount, and asked, "Who's gonna stop me?"
LOL, what the fuck, what fucken world do these people live in, its not like the west where workers rights are clear to westerns*, if there already fucked you there going to continue to fuck you, if not today, they'll pull some bull shit like not paying you your last pay check... It also must be stressful being paid monthly in such a bull shit system, fuck i hated it here in Australia and i was working for one of the biggest media company's in the world where i knew my pay would always be there on pay day.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

truffledog wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:24 pm
Bong Kri wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:33 pm A lot of people take it because they dont want to walk out and lose their deposit.
Bong Kri wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:18 pm A lot of these kinds of schools keep 50% of your first salary as a deposit or whatever they wish to call it. You generally get returned to you on completion of your contract. So a lot of teachers dont want to walk out and then lose this deposit. Its how they get a lot of people to stay put and just get on with it.
Agree, sounds suss to me that one would do that. After all, wouldn't you work 2 weeks/1 month anyway before you're paid and if they weren't happy with you that would be the end of it no? This deposit/contract system only favours the school..buyer beware!
Bong Kri
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Bong Kri »

:dark1:
It is usually taken out of your first month’s salary, so you are not paying up front before you have worked. The official reasoning is that the school will use this to pay for your work permit and visa, and then will be reimbursed with your deposit at the end of your contract.

I think schools do it to protect themselves as many ‘traveling teachers’ dont see out their contract, and up sticks and leave.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

Bong Kri wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:27 am :dark1:
It is usually taken out of your first month’s salary, so you are not paying up front before you have worked. The official reasoning is that the school will use this to pay for your work permit and visa, and then will be reimbursed with your deposit at the end of your contract.

I think schools do it to protect themselves as many ‘traveling teachers’ dont see out their contract, and up sticks and leave.
I know Zaman -- which is called Paragon now or something -- They said salary was 1,900 but then took 200 per month out and gave to you as a "bonus" if stayed the full year. This might be old info but i remember them doing that.
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Bong Kri
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Bong Kri »

BklynBoy wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:30 am
Bong Kri wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:27 am :dark1:

I know Zaman -- which is called Paragon now or something -- They said salary was 1,900 but then took 200 per month out and gave to you as a "bonus" if stayed the full year. This might be old info but i remember them doing that.
Yeah, I have had friends work at schools that have the same policy. I dont know how these schools keep employing people and keep retaining teachers, it really puzzles me.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic