Belgian Man Charged with Child Sex Trafficking 4 Girls in Siem Reap

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Belgian Man Charged with Child Sex Trafficking 4 Girls in Siem Reap

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Siem Reap): On June 10, 2021, three parents filed a report to Anti-Human Trafficking and Child Protection Organization, accusing a Belgian man of sexually assaulting their daughters who are juveniles.
The victims were Y.N., a 12-year-old girl, R.L, a 12-year-old girl, Ph.P., a 13-year-old girl, and R.L., a 10-year-old girl; according to the three girls, the suspect had invited them to his house in Thmey village, Sangkat Svay Dongkom, Siem Reap city, and bought them each an OPPO smartphone, and also gave them $10-$100. Then the Belgian man started to touch their private parts, and he sexually abused and assaulted them every time he invited them to his house.
After questioning the victims, on June 11, 2021, the suspect, Xavier Vicent G, a 51-year-old Belgium passport holder, was called to show up at the police station for interrogation.
According to the suspect, he knew the victims, and has bought them phones, gifted them money and food, and also took them on a trip to Kulen mountain, however, he denied all allegations that he ever sexually abused and assaulted them.
After the police interrogation and investigation, the suspect was detained and charged with child sex trafficking and on June 13, 2021, was sent to Siem Reap prison for further investigation .
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Belgium Man Charged with Child Sex Trafficking 3 Girls in Siem Reap

Post by John Bingham »

That's the first one in a while. Always Siem Reap.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
padraigh
BANNED
Ireland

Re: Belgian Man Charged with Child Sex Trafficking 3 Girls in Siem Reap

Post by padraigh »

I wonder if this guy is going to rot in prison like the British guy for 12 years -dont know what became of him. Michael Julian Leach. What if the allegations are false? Is there a way to determine that?
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

padraigh wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:22 pm What if the allegations are false? Is there a way to determine that?
I think it's normally called an investigation; the process of determining if the allegations against somebody are true or false :dm:
padraigh
BANNED
Ireland

Post by padraigh »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:28 pm
padraigh wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:22 pm What if the allegations are false? Is there a way to determine that?
I think it's normally called an investigation; the process of determining if the allegations against somebody are true or false :dm:
Is it going to be a fair investigation?
Lost50
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Lost50 »

Parents need a swift back hand too for being moronic.

What sane parent lets their kids go to some guys house?

Poverty is horrible, being a dim wit, careless parent is shameful.

I hope the courts deal with this properly.
padraigh
BANNED
Ireland

Post by padraigh »

Children are natural liars, especially when they have been corrupted with gifts. The court trying this case should bail the Belgian and deport him forthwith. I am sticking my neck out for this bloke because I have always found the Belgians to be decent folk. His presence in Cambodia weakens his case. At any rate, he should be let go on humanitarian grounds.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Can someone wax this total imbecile?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
TWY
Expatriate
Macedonia

Post by TWY »

" At any rate, he should be let go on humanitarian grounds."

What?????? The man is charged with sexual assault of children. What are the humanitarian grounds? That he can go spread his perversion elsewhere?

I hope they investigate and if he's guilty then lock him up for a long time. Then send him back to Belgium. We've got several other "real winners" floating around Siem Reap that they could send along in a package deal.
padraigh
BANNED
Ireland

Post by padraigh »

TWY wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:35 pm " At any rate, he should be let go on humanitarian grounds."

What?????? The man is charged with sexual assault of children. What are the humanitarian grounds? That he can go spread his perversion elsewhere?

I hope they investigate and if he's guilty then lock him up for a long time. Then send him back to Belgium. We've got several other "real winners" floating around Siem Reap that they could send along in a package deal.
Being charged does not automatically mean he is guilty. In allegations of this type, you cant prove guilt. In the interests of justice, he should bailed and deported. Am afraid, you cant lock him up and throw away the key.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic