scammer

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
annejanes
Expatriate

scammer

Post by annejanes »

I'm looking for info on a well known scammer living in phnom penh. I can't post his name here as admin won't allow it but he is pretty well known in the expat community. He openly talks about how he has scammed people in Indonesia and Vietnam as well as Cambodia and I am in contact with several people he scammed here. His day job, by his own admission, is working in boiler rooms. He used to hang around riverside area in particular St 172 and his main hobby is gambling. Main physical features are being perhaps the fattist guy you will see here. If anyone has any useful information please pm me. Or post here but be aware the admin don't want his name mentioned. Cheers
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: scammer

Post by Username Taken »

My understanding was that the owner of CEO asked you for some evidence before your original post would be approved.
So, I guess it's going to have to be a case of put up or shut up!
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Which nationality ?
FrankReynolds
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by FrankReynolds »

British. Rides a Honda rebel or similar?
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Grand Barong »

This format would make it much easier to work out who he is :evil6:

WooWooWoo
Tourist

Post by WooWooWoo »

Was any evidence required before CEOnews started a 12 page thread with a wild accusation from a methy mouthy American woman that a named and shamed Egyptian guy murdered someone?
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

WooWooWoo wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:11 pm Was any evidence required before CEOnews started a 12 page thread with a wild accusation from a methy mouthy American woman that a named and shamed Egyptian guy murdered someone?
We have to use a bit of judgement in all these cases. They were also public accusations by a known person, with audio recordings, etc. Where there's meth smoke, there's often fire, and it sounds like other individuals knew some something about it as well, including who the allegedly murdered friend was, with proof of his death.

As UT said, the OP was asked for a bit more info, and he wasn't able/willing to provide anything at all. He did provide a nickname that they used, 'Fat XXX,' but that was it, so far.

We hate scammers, criminal lowlifes as much if not more than most, but we also need to vet things a bit.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

" Main physical features are being perhaps the fattist guy you will see here. "

This should be big clue I'd imagine :)
WooWooWoo
Tourist

Post by WooWooWoo »

General Mackevili wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:46 pm
WooWooWoo wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:11 pm Was any evidence required before CEOnews started a 12 page thread with a wild accusation from a methy mouthy American woman that a named and shamed Egyptian guy murdered someone?
We have to use a bit of judgement in all these cases. They were also public accusations by a known person, with audio recordings, etc. Where there's meth smoke, there's often fire, and it sounds like other individuals knew some something about it as well, including who the allegedly murdered friend was, with proof of his death.

As UT said, the OP was asked for a bit more info, and he wasn't able/willing to provide anything at all. He did provide a nickname that they used, 'Fat XXX,' but that was it, so far.

We hate scammers, criminal lowlifes as much if not more than most, but we also need to vet things a bit.

Yes yes, though it seems to some that you mainly censor or "vet" unsupported accusations against British, American, and Australian male scammers like Ben Hutchins. These are nationalities most likely to be friends of mods and admins. Everyone else is fair game for mudslinging.

There's no evidence that the Egyptian murdered anyone.

I don't remember seeing evidence that the Dane is a fake pilot scamming bargirls either.
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

annejanes wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:38 pm I'm looking for info on a well known scammer living in phnom penh. I can't post his name here as admin won't allow it but he is pretty well known in the expat community. He openly talks about how he has scammed people in Indonesia and Vietnam as well as Cambodia and I am in contact with several people he scammed here. His day job, by his own admission, is working in boiler rooms. He used to hang around riverside area in particular St 172 and his main hobby is gambling. Main physical features are being perhaps the fattist guy you will see here. If anyone has any useful information please pm me. Or post here but be aware the admin don't want his name mentioned. Cheers
Sent you a pm
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic