scammer

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
annejanes
Expatriate

Re: scammer

Post by annejanes »

brisie wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:53 pm Fastest fffker in 172 ain't English and stinks from 10 feet.
The only one I can think of that matches the discription sells Moto's on the side.
Did you buy a lemon?
nope
annejanes
Expatriate

Post by annejanes »

Doc67 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:10 am
annejanes wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:47 pm
General Mackevili wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:16 am
annejanes wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:58 pm Thanks for the info. He is British and looks a little like the scallan guy but not him. I think he's stayed under the radar by doing boiler room work and cryto scams mainly but also ripping off friends on the side. Nothing you can do in cambodia when that happens as the police are useless and he has money and boiler room connections. However he has been hiding in his gated compound and not communicating with his old friends now they all know that he is basically a theif so he is a little fearful of the consequences of his crimes. By his own account he left Indonesia and Vietnam because he feared for his life after stealing from people there. Claims he gotta bullet in the ass but didn't notice due to the fat. According to info I got he is likely using a false name and wanted in other countries which is the info I'm particularly interested in.
You told us you think he's wanted by Interpol. Do you have ANYTHING at all to back that up?
I was told by cambodian police he was wanted in other countries and using a false name. Weather that's true or not I don't know but I have also heard this from other people with connections.
So that's a NO.
thanks dad
annejanes
Expatriate

Post by annejanes »

magicmike wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:58 pm His name rhymes with blob
yes. It does indeed
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

1st letter J?
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

annejanes wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:32 pm
yes. It does indeed
Rob (apt)
Thingamibob?

Or the notorious knob, Blowjob Bob, part of the lynch mob that did inside job on Charles Schwab?
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
annejanes
Expatriate

Post by annejanes »

Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:46 pm
annejanes wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:32 pm
yes. It does indeed
Rob (apt)
Thingamibob? By

Or the notorious knob, Blowjob Bob, part of the lynch mob that did inside job on Charles Schwab?
very poetic and quite close to the truth
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Grand Barong »

A possible business opportunity here for the budding Private eye annejanes? She will be able to use this highly respected business name which is (apparently :lol: ) rated #1/ numero uno on the internet search engines of the world wide web. I reckon this could really take the search for info on Fat Bob/Rod/Blob to the next level, as leads seem to be drying up on the original post.... :idea: 8)
Mark1 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:20 pm I am looking to sell my business due to leaving the country. My website, CambodiaPI, is the number one agency in Cambodia. We are number one in Google search above all other companies.

I am asking 3,500 USD for the website, which is around 6 months (or less) worth of typical profit. This is a good business with low overheads and a high profit margin. Sale does not include my company. You can setup your own fresh company if needed or use a pre-existing one. Ownership will be transferred using escrow to protect both the buyer and seller. Anyone interested drop me a line and we can discuss further. Thanks.

SwiftAsTHOT
Expatriate

Post by SwiftAsTHOT »

annejanes wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:38 pm I'm looking for info on a well known scammer living in phnom penh. I can't post his name here as admin won't allow it but he is pretty well known in the expat community. He openly talks about how he has scammed people in Indonesia and Vietnam as well as Cambodia and I am in contact with several people he scammed here. His day job, by his own admission, is working in boiler rooms. He used to hang around riverside area in particular St 172 and his main hobby is gambling. Main physical features are being perhaps the fattist guy you will see here. If anyone has any useful information please pm me. Or post here but be aware the admin don't want his name mentioned. Cheers
I believe these assertions but I have to say I had no idea "boiler rooms" could possibly be much of a lucrative scam even back in the day. Is this really a viable con that exists or do they say they're doing this and it's actually something somehow worse either because it's embarrassing or considered low-level or just because they think it's preferable to distract from what they're actually doing. I mean saying you're doing boiler room scams sounds "loftier" I guess than if you were just ripping off stolen credit cards or something. I just can't envision it being feasible, if someone calls me on the phone I either don't answer in the first place or hang up

Any reason why this seems to be so big with expats here, particularly British ones? Because I've lived a lot of places and never come across this so much
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Cooldude »

SwiftAsTHOT wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:55 pm
annejanes wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:38 pm I'm looking for info on a well known scammer living in phnom penh. I can't post his name here as admin won't allow it but he is pretty well known in the expat community. He openly talks about how he has scammed people in Indonesia and Vietnam as well as Cambodia and I am in contact with several people he scammed here. His day job, by his own admission, is working in boiler rooms. He used to hang around riverside area in particular St 172 and his main hobby is gambling. Main physical features are being perhaps the fattist guy you will see here. If anyone has any useful information please pm me. Or post here but be aware the admin don't want his name mentioned. Cheers
I believe these assertions but I have to say I had no idea "boiler rooms" could possibly be much of a lucrative scam even back in the day. Is this really a viable con that exists or do they say they're doing this and it's actually something somehow worse either because it's embarrassing or considered low-level or just because they think it's preferable to distract from what they're actually doing. I mean saying you're doing boiler room scams sounds "loftier" I guess than if you were just ripping off stolen credit cards or something. I just can't envision it being feasible, if someone calls me on the phone I either don't answer in the first place or hang up

Any reason why this seems to be so big with expats here, particularly British ones? Because I've lived a lot of places and never come across this so much
I had a British guy living two doors down from me in Sihanoukville in 2017 when the boiler room guy in Pattaya got gunned down getting into his Porsche outside a health club. Two guys on a motorbike did it and fled to Cambodia. The gunman was South African, I believe . A few days later, there was a huge gathering at my neighbor's house with several different nationalities of people. I guess there was around 80 of them operating in Sihanoukville at the time. My neighbor moved in the middle of the night a few days later.
Last edited by Cooldude on Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SwiftAsTHOT
Expatriate

Post by SwiftAsTHOT »

Cooldude wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:08 pm
SwiftAsTHOT wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:55 pm

I had a British guy living two doors down from me in Sihanoukville in 2017 when the boiler room guy in Pattaya got gunned down getting into his Porsche outside a health club. Two guys on a motorbike did it and fled to Cambodia. The gunman was South African, I believe . A few days later, there was a huge gathering at my neighbor's house with several different nationalities of people. I guess there was around 80 of them operating in Sihanoukville at the time. My neighbor moved in the middle of the night a few days later.
That's interesting because the 2 guys I've come across here that even brought up all this boiler room stuff to me also lived in Pattaya but for me they seem totally full of shit about most things so I'd be more inclined to chalk it up to riffing on something they heard in the news, but still, funny

I still just don't get it, who are the people getting these cold calls to invest huge amounts of money that are just like "yeah, sign me up!" or do I have it all wrong? Because these 2 aren't the brightest bulbs... it actually seems like basic life functions elude them but apparently they're able to defraud who I'm told are seasoned investors on... a phone call?

Any insight into why this seems to be so big amongst Brits?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic