Football - Euro 2021

Title says it all really...
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Football - Euro 2021

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

England come home as players and fans prepare for return to Wembley
60,000 expected to cheer on England at Euro 2020 semi-final, the biggest crowd to gather in the UK since the pandemic began
Paul MacInnes
Sun 4 Jul 2021 19.11 BST

Football has landed on home soil. After Saturday night’s emphatic 4-0 win over Ukraine in Rome, the England team flew back to their base at St George’s Park in Staffordshire for a day of rest, table tennis and Love Island on catchup. The rest of their Euro 2020 will be played at Wembley. The only question now is whether that will be one more game or two: a semi-final against Denmark awaits on Wednesday. Win that and they will play next Sunday against the either Italy or Spain in their first European Championship final, and their first major final since the 1966 World Cup.

The 60,000 fans able to go to cheer on Harry Kane, Raheem Sterling and an increasingly buoyant England squad will represent the biggest crowd to have gathered in the UK since the pandemic began. Gareth Southgate, the England manager, has been clear about the value of playing on home turf in front of fans unable to attend any sort of match for so long. And if the mood against Germany last week was anything to go by – thanks to a 41,000 crowd – the fans will not let the opportunity pass without making themselves heard.

In full: https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... to-wembley
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

The Italy/Spain game last night was the best football game I have seen in years, should have resulted in a re match, I wanted them both to win, both deserved to. If England get to the final and then win I doubt it will be with the style and passion I saw last night.
England need to step up another gear to deserve to win tonight but i cannot see them beating Italy IMO
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Best wishes from Liz to the England team:
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

tightenupvolume1 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:09 pm The Italy/Spain game last night was the best football game I have seen in years, should have resulted in a re match, I wanted them both to win, both deserved to. If England get to the final and then win I doubt it will be with the style and passion I saw last night.
England need to step up another gear to deserve to win tonight but i cannot see them beating Italy IMO
Desperately hoping they step up and do it
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

“ The "miserable hard left" has been blamed for forcing a school to suspend its Twitter profile after their version of a patriotic football song in honour of England's Euro 2020 heroes caused claims of "mindless hooliganism".”

Hooliganism on display or children having fun?
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
FrankReynolds
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by FrankReynolds »

violet wrote:“ The "miserable hard left" has been blamed for forcing a school to suspend its Twitter profile after their version of a patriotic football song in honour of England's Euro 2020 heroes caused claims of "mindless hooliganism".”

2 things struck me about that video. Firstly, and it's my opinion, it wasn't the greatest choice of song to get children involved in, or to represent the school on social media.

Secondly, I couldn't help notice how much the school lacks in diversity, both among students, and in teaching staff (at least the ones involved in the video.)

Back to my opinion again, I think whoever signed this off and gave it the green light to go out into the interwebz for eternity needs to consider the image of the school in future.

Looks like the kids had plenty of fun, though.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Must be tough going through life whilst constantly looking through the diversity lens.
Seriously, learn the huge advantages of equity of opportunity over the inherent failings of equity of outcome.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

FrankReynolds wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:51 am
violet wrote:“ The "miserable hard left" has been blamed for forcing a school to suspend its Twitter profile after their version of a patriotic football song in honour of England's Euro 2020 heroes caused claims of "mindless hooliganism".”

2 things struck me about that video. Firstly, and it's my opinion, it wasn't the greatest choice of song to get children involved in, or to represent the school on social media.

Secondly, I couldn't help notice how much the school lacks in diversity, both among students, and in teaching staff (at least the ones involved in the video.)

Back to my opinion again, I think whoever signed this off and gave it the green light to go out into the interwebz for eternity needs to consider the image of the school in future.

Looks like the kids had plenty of fun, though.
I notice that too, that school is nowhere near any city. I also noticed a lot of little hooligans in the making (the one pictured above is a good example) and they were spurred on by teachers barging their way through the halls.

Whoever signed off of this deserves all they get.
Last edited by Doc67 on Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
FrankReynolds
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by FrankReynolds »

I expected a comment like that, haha.
I'm actually from England and have worked in schools in various parts of the country.

I didn't mean diversity was a target we or they needed to hit. More that it was unusual to see only causcasian students and staff.

Edit to say I was replying to ira Hayes but messed up the quote.
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

Wow, some people need to lighten up. It's a re-enactment of the original video, I imagine the kids enjoyed it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic