Where to buy water distiller in Phnom Penh?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
matt
Tourist

Where to buy water distiller in Phnom Penh?

Post by matt »

Where can you get good quality water distillers in Phnom Penh?

Thanks. :)
Rama
Expatriate

Re: Where to buy water distiller in Phnom Penh?

Post by Rama »

matt wrote:Where can you get good quality water distillers in Phnom Penh?

Thanks. :)
A cold/hot water dispenser for big bottles of water? Image

Or a water purifier? Image

Or a water *distiller*?
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Or a still?
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Water purifier
# 10, St 271, Sang kat Touk laak III, Khan Toul Kork, Phnom Penh. Cambodia.

http://www.skyfreshwater.net/index.php/ ... duct_id:20

Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

A water distiller is NOT a water purifier or filter system.

Here is my Megahome water distiller in action at this very moment we are speaking and has served me well for the last 10 ? years in Cambodia. I also have one I use in OZ.

You should be able to order on line.
http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/v ... =1249ipnh7
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

OrangeDragon wrote:Or a still?
Or a Stihl?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Interesting article: (not vouching for its reliability)
Early Death Comes From Drinking Distilled Water
Many health fanatics, however, are often surprised to hear me say that drinking distilled water on a regular, daily basis is potentially dangerous.Paavo Airola wrote about the dangers of distilled water in the 1970's when it first became a fad with the health food crowd.

The longer one drinks distilled water, the more likely the development of mineral deficiencies and an acid state.

I have done well over 3000 mineral evaluations using a combination of blood, urine and hair tests in my practice. Almost without exception, people who consume distilled water exclusively, eventually develop multiple mineral deficiencies.

Those who supplement their distilled water intake with trace minerals are not as deficient but still not as adequately nourished in minerals as their non-distilled water drinking counterparts even after several years of mineral supplementation.

The ideal water for the human body should be slightly alkaline and this requires the presence of minerals like

calcium
magnesium

Distilled water tends to be acidic and can only be recommended as a way of drawing poisons out of the body. Once this is accomplished, the continued drinking of distilled water is a bad idea. Water filtered through reverse osmosis tends to be neutral and is acceptable for regular use provided minerals are supplemented.

Water filtered through a solid charcoal filter is slightly alkaline. Ozonation of this charcoal filtered water is ideal for daily drinking. Longevity is associated with the regular consumption of hard water (high in minerals). Disease and early death is more likely to be seen with the long term drinking of distilled water. Avoid it except in special circumstances.

Zoltan P. Rona MD MSc http://www.mercola.com/article/water/di ... _water.htm
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Kuroneko wrote:Interesting article: (not vouching for its reliability)

Early Death Comes From Drinking Distilled Water

Many health fanatics, however, are often surprised to hear me say that drinking distilled water on a regular, daily basis is potentially dangerous.Paavo Airola wrote about the dangers of distilled water in the 1970's when it first became a fad with the health food crowd.

The longer one drinks distilled water, the more likely the development of mineral deficiencies and an acid state.

I have done well over 3000 mineral evaluations using a combination of blood, urine and hair tests in my practice. Almost without exception, people who consume distilled water exclusively, eventually develop multiple mineral deficiencies.

Those who supplement their distilled water intake with trace minerals are not as deficient but still not as adequately nourished in minerals as their non-distilled water drinking counterparts even after several years of mineral supplementation.

The ideal water for the human body should be slightly alkaline and this requires the presence of minerals like

calcium
magnesium

Distilled water tends to be acidic and can only be recommended as a way of drawing poisons out of the body. Once this is accomplished, the continued drinking of distilled water is a bad idea. Water filtered through reverse osmosis tends to be neutral and is acceptable for regular use provided minerals are supplemented.

Water filtered through a solid charcoal filter is slightly alkaline. Ozonation of this charcoal filtered water is ideal for daily drinking. Longevity is associated with the regular consumption of hard water (high in minerals). Disease and early death is more likely to be seen with the long term drinking of distilled water. Avoid it except in special circumstances.

Zoltan P. Rona MD MSc http://www.mercola.com/article/water/di ... _water.htm

I guess I should have died years ago from drinking all that distilled water. All the papers that I have on the pro's and con's still come out in favour of distilled water. as there are many chemicals etc that get into the water supply from farm sprays to industrial waste that cannot be removed by water filters or reverse osmosis. To prove this,, try putting some food colouring in the water supply and see if a water filter will remove it. Water is H2O, if it contains trace elements or minerals then it is not H2O , but H2O plus ???.
If you so desperately need minerals or trace elements from the water you drink, then you are not eating the right food.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
AE86
Expatriate
Japan

Post by AE86 »

Their spelling on the website is a bit worrying though.
-insert signature here
Claff
Tourist

Post by Claff »

know that I am a bit late for this forum reply.....but just to let you guys know of a reliable US brand water filtration system from PENTAIR that you can get in Phnom Penh city if you guys need it.
You can visit their website at http://www.1marketing.biz or Facebook link at https://www.facebook.com/1marketingcambodia for more information of the systems.
Btw, from their Facebook - their filtration system do able to filter out the food coloring from the water during their demonstration video shown.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic