Bad Attitude: Tattoo Girls Get Tut-Tuts on Social Media

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Bad Attitude: Tattoo Girls Get Tut-Tuts on Social Media

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News, Kampong Cham: Apparently, a group of girls in a rural village, who are setting a bad example with their bad attitudes, were arrested by the Kampong Siem district police after they got into a fight in Kampong Char village, Kampong Siem district, Kampong Cham province on June 2, 2021.
After the arrest, the police not only showed up, but also showed the public the tattoos; for most of the girls in the gang have special tattoos, such as guns, tigers and other tattoos on their arms and backs.

* "When the police posted the photos on social media, the public is outraged by the fact that this shows bad character, women looking like that. This is not a real women, and I am not the only one to think that it is very disgusting."

Video of the cat fight in the street:

*This is translated directly as it was posted on Khmer news and does not reflect the opinion of CEO News.

This is not the only time when Cambodian women with tattoos have been given a hard time on social media. Here is another story from 2019:

Woman Shows Off Her Sexy Breast Tattoo on Social Media Video

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
helloall
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Bad Attitude: Tatoo Girls Get Tut-Tuts on Social Media

Post by helloall »

Tattoos are ugly and a big turn off. I agree totally, show the self inflicted disfigurement, and shame them.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Bad Attitude: Tattoo Girls Get Tut-Tuts on Social Media

Post by John Bingham »

They looked bad-ass enough until I saw their tattoos. Now I'm scared for my life. 8)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Stiliko
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Stiliko »

My my my. Could you get any further from the Chbab Srey?

More toxic spillover from noxious American hip hop violence worship, probably picked up on YouTube.
she was quite pretty and looked older
she knew only what had been told her
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

I assumed the above Tattoo was some tribal thing. Is anyone familiar w/ the Tattoo? What it says/represents
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

Stiliko wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:17 am My my my. Could you get any further from the Chbab Srey?

More toxic spillover from noxious American hip hop violence worship, probably picked up on YouTube.
I agree most of these tattoos are unfortunate. Especially if preventing someone from getting a job. But I don't think you can blame Hip hop culture for these people getting tattoos. Many people listen and love Hip hop and do not get tattoos
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

BklynBoy wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:48 am

I assumed the above Tattoo was some tribal thing. Is anyone familiar w/ the Tattoo? What it says/represents
No idea what it says but many Thai girls have a similar tat, is a buddist tat mostly done by monks
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Angelina Jolie got the Cambodian Sak Yant Tattoo years ago. Then it became trendy.

You may have noticed a similar explosion in guys getting full sleeves after Justin Bieber got his done.
The Khmer boys will do likewise just as soon as they can afford it.

Angelina
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Username Taken wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:56 am

Angelina Jolie got the Cambodian Sak Yant Tattoo years ago. Then it became trendy.

You may have noticed a similar explosion in guys getting full sleeves after Justin Bieber got his done.
The Khmer boys will do likewise just as soon as they can afford it.

Angelina
Is there anything quite as stupid? Justin Bieber got a full 'sleeve' tattoo so I will get one too? Tragic.

And is there any worse look than a bloke with one arm covered in a multi coloured, overly complicated meaningless mess, and the other arm with nothing? Lose interest? No money? Hurt too much? Realise it looks shit and you've got it for life? FFS.

As for the girls, they all seem to have at least one, and many have lots of cheap and nasty random tats in various places. I have never seen a single one that looks like it was done by an 'artist'.
Biffsm
BANNED
United States of America

Post by Biffsm »

Tattoos have long history in Asia...just not Kampong Cham with females.
My old buddies who served over here in the 60s and were in ports in Japan and the Philippines all had these hard to figure out faded tats on their forearms.
There is a huge difference in these tats.
The pistol is certainly a black thang hip hop wannabe ...you cannot deny it...just do a bit of research.
The chap that said the writing is big in Thailand is correct ....men, women, Thai, Farang all get them...Their spiritual meaning has faded away and been replaced by Thai's thirst for income.
The tiger head is cool as fuck..
I had a Thai GF in Koh Samui who had a massive dragon on her back. I went with her to begin the process of adding color...It was just a black outline until an old fuck with deep pockets sprang for the 5 trips to the superb artist.
I recall Phi Phi having more tattoo places than bars along one main walking road..
Justin Bieber?
Are you fucking shitting me?
That kid did nothing but copy futbol players.
Messi comes to mind as does tens of thousands of South Americans who never heard of Bieber..
I see Khmer guys with tats here in SR all the time.
I grew up loving Japanese Yakuza flics where the gang members were completely covered but, their business suit and white shirt covered it up.
The girl getting her fingers done was a bad idea.
A kid working for me back in the early 90s showed up for work with a weed leaf covering the back of his hand...and dyed his hair jet black....I told the silly fuck he may have problems getting jobs down the road....Now, 30 years later there is a weed store on every corner.in Cali...selling legal weed...they even deliver like panda xpress..
The more authority pushes the old ways...the more youth rebels.
Toss in your favourite futbol player being covered or fighter and it seems like it is no big deal.
Unless, of course, you are some young ladies in fucking Kampong Cham
I prefer people getting tats that have true meaning...
But, to each his own makes that quite a wide selection.
Every dick wad wants to be like the rock or tyson and show their tribal bs..
MS-13 has special tats that show how many people you chopped up.
The crips and the bloods have there tats.
The Russian Mafia ...
John fucking Wick comes to mind..
Some folks get addicted like piercings or plastic surgery..
Some are bored.
Some are crying for attention.
My 2 were 30 years apart and have big meaning to me personally...I do not show them off or talk about them.
This is a non story while real horrible shit is happening all around us....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic