Bad Attitude: Tattoo Girls Get Tut-Tuts on Social Media

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
ego bibere nimis
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Bad Attitude: Tattoo Girls Get Tut-Tuts on Social Media

Post by ego bibere nimis »

atst wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:44 am
Brody wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:51 am Sorry, coming late to this thread.......did we cover 'tramp stamps'?

How do we feel, Yay or Nay?

If it looks like a beer coaster then ok
tattoo a QR code there - that would make the whole process more convenient.
You know that tingly little feeling you get when you really like someone? That's common sense leaving your body.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

I’m not against tat’s. Just as well, as there are a few scattered around someone that I know quite well. And I could hardly complain about greater tattoo art, ‘cos Mr Lambo might not buy me a beer when next we meet.
On gals, as in many things, I feel less is more. There’s elegance in simplicity, and excess in extravagance.

I recall an ample boob in a Scottish pub with a so-so curious tat, that the owner of both took offence when attracting attention. There was too much of the former and not enough of the latter to be satisfying.

A tat of a pistol seems akin to trying too hard. What exactly is it meant to convey? It’s an answer that I’ll not lose sleep for not having.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

I read this before i made mine
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Illustrated_Man
An author i cherish since decades
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Yerg wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:33 am
Brody wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:51 am Sorry, coming late to this thread.......did we cover 'tramp stamps'?

How do we feel, Yay or Nay?

It really does depend on the "wearer" of said tattoo. If you saw some of the creatures in the UK that sport these, it would be enough to put you off for life...
when they were young and slim they looked ok (ish). But now the owners have expanded due to age, wine by the bottle and a few kids, that are now distorted. Not such a good look.
Railroad
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Railroad »

Freightdog wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:17 am I’m not against tat’s. Just as well, as there are a few scattered around someone that I know quite well. And I could hardly complain about greater tattoo art, ‘cos Mr Lambo might not buy me a beer when next we meet.
On gals, as in many things, I feel less is more. There’s elegance in simplicity, and excess in extravagance.

I recall an ample boob in a Scottish pub with a so-so curious tat, that the owner of both took offence when attracting attention. There was too much of the former and not enough of the latter to be satisfying.

A tat of a pistol seems akin to trying too hard. What exactly is it meant to convey? It’s an answer that I’ll not lose sleep for not having.
Tryin' to get me ole brain round about a million double negatives 'ere.
Feels like bein' attacked by an entire Telegraph cryptic crossword at once!
Haha.
"...the owner of both took offence"
....means "the owners of the pub & the boobs" or "the owner of both boobs"?

The mind boggles, & the boobs too, probably..

:beer3: :beer1: :thumb:
Seasquatch
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Seasquatch »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:28 pm
crob wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:55 pm I really like the Sak Yant Tattoo's, and whilst I understand the meaning of a lot of them, I would feel weird getting a tattoo of a culture that I wasn't born into.
Yeah, that's what I think too. That's why this is the only tattoo I have:

I'm getting this tattoo and I'm not a bit Irish :assasin: think a pot 0 gold is missing :hattip:

Idk if you need to be born into a culture but the Sak Yant tattoo in question is it Hindu origins? I have an Asian tattoo, it's well done I got for my love of old Godzilla/Samurai/Kung Fu movies, I still remember the first time I saw a Godzilla movie it changed my life, I was 4, brought me into Asian culture(s) at a young age in the 70s.
------
aka Yankee Gringo Gaijin aka Seppy Yank
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

Theres nothing worse than going to Coles and big fat women with ugly snotty kids have shitty tatts.
My Khmer ex just got the kids names tattooed on her forearm by her lesbian tattoo artist lover. Fuck it looks ugly, fucking up a perfect body.
I remember when no Khmer girls had tatts. My 14 year old has a ring through her nose like a pig.
In Australia piercing is not so common anymore. Employers turned away people with bits of wire sticking out of them.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

willyhilly wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:40 pm Theres nothing worse than going to Coles and big fat women with ugly snotty kids have shitty tatts.
My Khmer ex just got the kids names tattooed on her forearm by her lesbian tattoo artist lover. Fuck it looks ugly, fucking up a perfect body.
I remember when no Khmer girls had tatts. My 14 year old has a ring through her nose like a pig.
In Australia piercing is not so common anymore. Employers turned away people with bits of wire sticking out of them.
Goddam Whipper-snappers. Show them a fuckin' brandin'.. my day... String 'em up! That'll learn 'em good. Churlish. That's what it is.. Churlish! ...coat-hangers hangin' out their ass.. Goddam cloddhoppers...Weak.. thats their problem, this new fangdangle interweb soften them up. Not when I was a boy I tells ya oh no Tattitude!
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic