Drowned Woman Found on Riverside

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Drowned Woman Found on Riverside

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Woman found dead after drowning
Saturday, 05 June 20210

Cambodia Breaking News, Phnom Penh: (Preliminary information): On the afternoon of June 5, 2021, the body of a woman suspected of drowning was found on the riverbank, on Sisowath Quay at the end of Street 118, in Sangkat Phsar Kandal, Khan Daun Penh, Phnom Penh.

The identity of the deceased woman has not yet been made public. Meanwhile, local specialized police forces have arrived at the scene to investigate.

WARNING- Image from the scene:
Spoiler:
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Frankl
Expatriate

Re: Drowned Woman Found on Riverside

Post by Frankl »

RIP lady.

“Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.”
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:28 pm Woman found dead after drowning
Saturday, 05 June 20210

Cambodia Breaking News, Phnom Penh: (Preliminary information): On the afternoon of June 5, 2021, the body of a woman suspected of drowning was found on the riverbank, on Sisowath Quay at the end of Street 118, in Sangkat Phsar Kandal, Khan Daun Penh, Phnom Penh.

The identity of the deceased woman has not yet been made public. Meanwhile, local specialized police forces have arrived at the scene to investigate.
I was there when this happened and have a foto. But its a bit graphic, not sure if its allowed to post here
I might also add, the poor girl was left on the floor for a good 2 hours before someone decided to cover her up.
Last edited by Soriya on Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Soriya wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:41 am
Saturday, 05 June 20210

I was there when this happened and have a foto. But its a bit graphic, not sure if its allowed to post here
You can send it to me via PM, and if it's too graphic, we'll put it in the Darknet News section.

[Edit: Received, thanks. Added it to the article and put it in a spoiler.]
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Frankl
Expatriate

Post by Frankl »

General Mackevili wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:42 am
Saturday, 05 June 20210

You can send it to me via PM, and if it's too graphic, we'll put it in the Darknet News section.

Why would you even need to add the photo to that story? The woman is dead, but you asked for the photo, does it add to the content, like it somehow explains something?
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Frankl wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:40 pm
General Mackevili wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:42 am
Saturday, 05 June 20210

Why would you even need to add the photo to that story? The woman is dead, but you asked for the photo, does it add to the content, like it somehow explains something?
Is there a reason you opened this topic to read? Was the title 'Drowned Woman Found on Riverside' not enough for your curiosity about the story? The women is dead, but you want to have a back and forth on here about this.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Frankl
Expatriate

Post by Frankl »

You only have to read my initial post ,it was a simple normal RIP with a well known quotation from John Donne, it was respectful to the deceased. So I'll ask again, "Why would you even need to add the photo to that story? The woman is dead, but you asked for the photo, does it add to the content, like it somehow explains something"?
ergosemper
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by ergosemper »

Frankl wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:10 pm You only have to read my initial post ,it was a simple normal RIP with a well known quotation from John Donne, it was respectful to the deceased. So I'll ask again, "Why would you even need to add the photo to that story? The woman is dead, but you asked for the photo, does it add to the content, like it somehow explains something"?
Why would you need to quote John Donne's words? The woman is dead, your quote doesn't add to the content and neither does it explain anything.

People as philosophically weird as you really grind my gears. They want their inane and senseless quotes recognised whilst insisting that their fragile souls be caressed and babied.

The photo reinforces the legitimacy of the reported incident! That's why it was added!
Frankl
Expatriate

Post by Frankl »

ergosemper wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:24 pm
Frankl wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:10 pm You only have to read my initial post ,it was a simple normal RIP with a well known quotation from John Donne, it was respectful to the deceased. So I'll ask again, "Why would you even need to add the photo to that story? The woman is dead, but you asked for the photo, does it add to the content, like it somehow explains something"?
Why would you need to quote John Donne's words? The woman is dead, your quote doesn't add to the content and neither does it explain anything.

People as philosophically weird as you really grind my gears. They want their inane and senseless quotes recognised whilst insisting that their fragile souls be caressed and babied.

The photo reinforces the legitimacy of the reported incident! That's why it was added!
Does my showing a little respect to a deceased young woman need to be explained to you?
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

In my mind, the photo adds something to the topic in this case, because someone who was there said that the poor woman was left lying there for hours for people to gawk at. If you look at the photo you can see exactly what this implies - not even a rag over her face and nobody near her. It's poignant and is telling us something. I couldn't say what exactly. She is all alone. Sad end to a sad life ?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic