Drowned Woman Found on Riverside

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Drowned Woman Found on Riverside

Post by atst »

Doc67 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:53 am
Stiliko wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:32 am
CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:23 pm UPDATE

After his wife had been missing for over half an hour, he became concerned and went to look for her, only to find that his wife had drowned on the river bank.
Now that’s strange. The husband found his wife drowned and didn’t feel compelled to either stay with her body or to cover it up in any way.
She was hot so she went for a bath in the river? After 20 minutes you were still unconcerned?

What a bunch of bullshit. He probably throttled her and threw her into the river.

Ockham's razor.
Time fly's when you drinking rice wine. Alcohol and swimming don't mix
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
PrestonLiu
Tourist
Singapore

Post by PrestonLiu »

After his wife had been missing for over half an hour, he became concerned and went to look for her, only to find that his wife had drowned on the river bank.
Now that’s strange. The husband found his wife drowned and didn’t feel compelled to either stay with her body or to cover it up in any way.
She was hot so she went for a bath in the river? After 20 minutes you were still unconcerned?

What a bunch of bullshit. He probably throttled her and threw her into the river.

Ockham's razor.
That's a terrible accusation to make against a grieving husband, with no evidence. Calling him a murderer. I doubt you would say the same thing if he were a Westerner.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

PrestonLiu wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:23 am

Ockham's razor.
That's a terrible accusation to make against a grieving husband, with no evidence. Calling him a murderer. I doubt you would say the same thing if he were a Westerner.

Fair enough, it was a but harsh. But with a story like that, local or westerner, I would have serious doubts that was the way it played out. These tall story's tend to unravel after a bit of pressure. Let's see how this pans out.
Biffsm
BANNED
United States of America

Post by Biffsm »

Why do you people toss around the race card or westerner card at every subject?
People of all races and financial levels fuck up every summer and leave their babies or pets in their cars and find dead babies, dogs...USA all to common sadly.
The rice wine and river give the story an end.
4 years ago, I remember a white girl drowned in Kampot...her body was left uncovered and pics were displayed.
Sad a guy's wife brings him some chow and this happens...
I wonder if they had kids?
PrestonLiu
Tourist
Singapore

Post by PrestonLiu »

Biffsm wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:38 pm Why do you people toss around the race card or westerner card at every subject?
A few months ago an Indonesian woman accused a Western man of not paying her and Doc67 attacked her and called her post "attempt to smear someone, with absolutely no corroborating evidence whatsoever."

post478119.html#p478119

Now a Cambodian woman dies and her Cambodian husband is grieving and Mr. Doc67 says he probably murderered her. He seems to care only about Westerners being smeared by Asians and not vice versa.

I don't know him though maybe he is just hypocrite without racism in his heart.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

So much drama on this forum. Can't we all just get along?

I find the story odd as well. But we all react different to death. He may have broken down when seeing her, maybe he was the one puking next to her before someone dragged him away.

Maybe he was afraid to be forced to pay or get in trouble. He is probably not high society and has every reason to avoid police.

Or maybe she brought the wrong wine or overcooked the food causing him to react by getting her drunk and throwing her in the river.

With all the people dying from tainted wine lately it's also not impossible that she was getting sick and actually went for a swim believing she was warm and so on.

There are more than a few possibilities.

So can we all just kiss and agree that I'm Aaron in disguise 🥸
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

ItWasntMe wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:55 pm So much drama on this forum. Can't we all just get along?

I find the story odd as well. But we all react different to death. He may have broken down when seeing her, maybe he was the one puking next to her before someone dragged him away.

Maybe he was afraid to be forced to pay or get in trouble. He is probably not high society and has every reason to avoid police.

Or maybe she brought the wrong wine or overcooked the food causing him to react by getting her drunk and throwing her in the river.

With all the people dying from tainted wine lately it's also not impossible that she was getting sick and actually went for a swim believing she was warm and so on.

There are more than a few possibilities.

So can we all just kiss and agree that I'm Aaron in disguise 🥸
I agree, there's all sorts of potential scenarios and possibilities..

And let's remember the source of the info is a Cambodia News Update and we know how accurate and reliable the press can be.. More likely a reporter putting 2 and 2 together to come with 5 to close a story.

This is why I think it's usually not appropriate/unnecessary to speculate on the cause of death given evidence and information is often lacking, unreliable or inconclusive. Personally I'd like to see less of that here unless there's substantial, conclusive evidence.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic