Online shopping in Cambodia?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
keenan
Tourist
Australia

Online shopping in Cambodia?

Post by keenan »

Prior to arriving in Phnom Penh I lived in Bangkok.
While there I used Lazada, It’s sort of a scaled down Amazon.
I used it a lot a lot. I found it to be user friendly,
had most of the items I required and shipped purchases quickly. Generally next day delivery.

I have been advised Lazada will not ship to Cambodia.

I noticed Ali-express (Ali-baba) will ship to Cambodia,
however their shipping times seem to be excessive (30 days!)

Amazon will also ship to Cambodia, but only for selected items.

Has anybody experience using Ali-express, or Amazon?
Alain P-B
Tourist

Re: On line shopping

Post by Alain P-B »

Hi Keenan
My experiences in shipping
With Amazon direct 15 days approximately no problem

With Amazon via Fado 168.com they sale Amazon products (not full choice as Amazon direct) 10 days depending on product taxes/ transport
included as to be approved before shipping (1 or 2 days) very secure.

With Alie-express (cheaper) as you said 30days minimum difficulty to contact, sometimes research of product difficult on their site, received 110v product instead of 220v product I don't use them anymore too much problems.

The best order direct to a company shipping to Cambodia using DHL 5 to 6 days from Italy for example no problem.
Hoping it's help.
MaxNormal
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Online shopping in Cambodia?

Post by MaxNormal »

The banner at the top of the CEO homepage advertises for:

https://camboquick.com/

There have been several folk in the midst of threads who have recommended them to others too.

Might be worth a look :) I was going to look into them once we were getting set up once out of quarantine. :)
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

MaxNormal wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:41 pm The banner at the top of the CEO homepage advertises for:

https://camboquick.com/

There have been several folk in the midst of threads who have recommended them to others too.

Might be worth a look :) I was going to look into them once we were getting set up once out of quarantine. :)
Yep, support our advertisers. That's why they advertise here!
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

keenan wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:26 am
Amazon will also ship to Cambodia, but only for selected items.

Has anybody experience using Ali-express, or Amazon?
The shipping and Estimated import fee deposit from Amazon are outrages charged and called a deposit but not refunded even on items where there a no import fees as for phones.

The photo is an example. I have bought several phones from the internet none have had any additional fees and the shipping is always free, as allmost all phones come from China.

The shipping is also estiamated to be up to 15 day while Amazon was 30 days

"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
The Judge
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by The Judge »

I have purchased several items from AliExpress, but I can't recommend using them. More than half of my orders were never received, even despite having tracking numbers, and all took longer than stated.

My suggestion for ordering stuff online would be to use only highly reputable shipping companies, because once the order gets to Cambodia, there is no supervision or accountability of your package. Things often get stolen from workers at the post office, at least that's been my experience. Then after waiting and waiting and trying to accept the response you get from the Cambodia post office that it hasn't arrived, you finally end up needing to file for a refund from AliExpress.

I haven't tried CamboQuick, because I've never received support from them to help me understand their process, despite requesting it a few times. What they have on their website seems a bit vague and doesn't allow you to choose the seller, or at least that's how I understand it.

Too bad about Lazada, it sounds like you had good experiences with them. Cambodia could stand to have a few GOOD options for buying things online and ensuring that the buyer receives their order.
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

I always order from Amazon or Ebay trough Camboquick. Never had any issues.
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

The Judge wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:42 pm I have purchased several items from AliExpress, but I can't recommend using them. More than half of my orders were never received, even despite having tracking numbers, and all took longer than stated.

My suggestion for ordering stuff online would be to use only highly reputable shipping companies, because once the order gets to Cambodia, there is no supervision or accountability of your package. Things often get stolen from workers at the post office, at least that's been my experience. Then after waiting and waiting and trying to accept the response you get from the Cambodia post office that it hasn't arrived, you finally end up needing to file for a refund from AliExpress.

I haven't tried CamboQuick, because I've never received support from them to help me understand their process, despite requesting it a few times. What they have on their website seems a bit vague and doesn't allow you to choose the seller, or at least that's how I understand it.

Too bad about Lazada, it sounds like you had good experiences with them. Cambodia could stand to have a few GOOD options for buying things online and ensuring that the buyer receives their order.
I've had items not arrive from Ali Express. I have always had the money returned to my PayPal account. I have never needed any type of file or anything for my refund.

Ali Express holds the money from the vendor until you item has been recieved.

I haven't had any problems with the Cambodian Post office either, but my local post office is in Ta Khmao
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
helloall
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by helloall »

Please check out: https://khmershopper.com/
Early days yet, please let me know the types of things you would like to buy.
Cash on delivery for Phnom Penh, so no worry of paying, and not getting your goods.
The Judge
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by The Judge »

helloall wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:54 pm Please check out: https://khmershopper.com/
Early days yet, please let me know the types of things you would like to buy.
Cash on delivery for Phnom Penh, so no worry of paying, and not getting your goods.
It appears everything here is from Cambodia, or China/SE Asia. Is that correct?

Generally people like to order from Amazon because of higher quality products, in most cases.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic