Places that REQUIRE Vaccination IN CAMBODIA

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Places that REQUIRE Vaccination IN CAMBODIA

Post by Doc67 »

I heard the City Golf is open but require you to prove vaccination. That's the shape of things to come, and very soon, I thought.

Today I leant that IBC computers on 63 don't let you in without proof of vaccination.
post494306.html#p494306

If you know of anywhere else or come across anywhere that has joined this group, post them here. This is a list that seems set to grow and grow.
Biffsm
BANNED
United States of America

Re: Places that REQUIRE Vaccination.

Post by Biffsm »

My visa extension is up for renewal in August and I have been wondering this exact question.
Last year it was the clusterfuck computer registration my landlord could not figure out.
If a guy has to have 2 jabs to buy a fucking clock radio ..what do I need to stay with 7 months on my lease?
Ho hum...go with the flow..
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

You will need it to fly anywhere including internal flights in USA.
I give it about a year before it is universal, restaurants in USA already segregate their clients.
Very weird as none of the vax confers immunity to infection.
Apollo91881
Expatriate
France

Post by Apollo91881 »

Or pay extra unless vaccinated.

This concert ticket costs $18 — or $1,000 if you’re not vaccinated

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... accinated/
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

What about young kids?

I don't think children are currently being vaccinated in Cambodia, correct?
johnnywalker3
Expatriate

Post by johnnywalker3 »

nemo wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:19 am You will need it to fly anywhere including internal flights in USA.
I give it about a year before it is universal, restaurants in USA already segregate their clients.
Very unlikely it will be required in any meaningful way in the USA. There was no standard system used to register/track from what I've seen so it would be hard to prove/disprove whether it was done. It is still not fully approved by the FDA which is very problematic when you try to use it as a requirement for something else. There are also medical disclosure laws, employment laws, disability laws, to consider. Finally there are potential liability issues as the pharma companies managed to get immunity from liability from side effects but others are not immune. If you require a vaccine then are you liable if the vaccine causes side effects or death? Put all of that together and at best there can be some sort of voluntary opt-in program for identifying as vaccinated that will not be enforceable. Some employers/institutions are "requiring" vaccinations now my prediction is that these will quietly be walked backed to a strong recommendation when they start to realize the can of worms they are opening.
Bosco
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Bosco »

Iza Restaurant at Vattanac tower needed a two shot vaccine card the other day. Great spot!
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

nemo wrote: ↑Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:19 am
You will need it to fly anywhere including internal flights in USA.
Very unlikely it will be required in any meaningful way in the USA. There was no standard system used to register/track from what I've seen so it would be hard to prove/disprove whether it was done. It is still not fully approved by the FDA which is very problematic when you try to use it as a requirement for something else. There are also medical disclosure laws, employment laws, disability laws, to consider. Finally there are potential liability issues as the pharma companies managed to get immunity from liability from side effects but others are not immune. If you require a vaccine then are you liable if the vaccine causes side effects or death? Put all of that together and at best there can be some sort of voluntary opt-in program for identifying as vaccinated that will not be enforceable. Some employers/institutions are "requiring" vaccinations now my prediction is that these will quietly be walked backed to a strong recommendation when they start to realize the can of worms they are opening.
My cousin is a 33 year veteran at United Airlines and says they are already spending money on integrating it into ticketing sw
ego bibere nimis
Expatriate
Australia

Post by ego bibere nimis »

Doc67 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:47 am I heard the City Golf is open but require you to prove vaccination. That's the shape of things to come, and very soon, I thought.

Today I leant that IBC computers on 63 don't let you in without proof of vaccination.
post494306.html#p494306

If you know of anywhere else or come across anywhere that has joined this group, post them here. This is a list that seems set to grow and grow.
Is there yet a 'globally' recognized immunization document, particularly for travel? Not sure how the Cambodian issued one will be received elsewhere..
You know that tingly little feeling you get when you really like someone? That's common sense leaving your body.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

No, there is not. If it is to happen, look at your locally issued card for what it will contain.
Publicly accessible qr record, photo, name, passport number, type of vaccine, dates of innoculation, administering authority.
Service providers will enforce it or not.
If you want to fly with QANTAS for example, you will need one regardless of what any gov requires. The unspeakable leprechaun that has been running it into the ground for years said as much months ago.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic