Places that REQUIRE Vaccination IN CAMBODIA

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Equinix
Expatriate

Re: Places that REQUIRE Vaccination.

Post by Equinix »

I'm not a big fan of the European government but they are working on a "Digital Green Certificate" which doesn't demand you take the vaccine.

You can get a "Digital Green Certificate"
* if you've been vaccinated
* if you got a negative test (valid for 3 days)
* or if you've recovered from covid

I'm pretty sure I've had covid over a year ago and I don't want to take any of these experimental vaccines.

I'm hoping antibody tests will be available in Cambodia within the next year and that other countries follow the EU in this
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

I see it as a fad frankly - I've heard of some places insisting on a vaccination, but ultimately it is surely entirely unenforceable, least of all in the Kingdom of Wonder. How hard is it to fake one of those little blue cards, or just pay a bit more to bypass the scrutiny .. I do think a lot of places in Cambodia will give it a go simply because they saw somebody else do it first, then realise how futile it is.

It is a bit like the mask / temperature check situation. Day one, everyone was trying to enforce that at shop entrances, then eventually it gets given as a task to the security guard who looks at your 38c temperature reading, grins, and lets you enter anyway. So many gaps and problems with it, it'll catch on, then die out. #Nostraspigzymus
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Cambo Dear
Expatriate
Libya

Post by Cambo Dear »

It will become less relevant as the economic hits get worse and worse. The places mentioned are all high-end and can probably both afford to be selective and have a client base that has access to the vaccines as a priority. All the noises coming from Europe are that vaccines and testing will be required for travel.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

For the avoidance of doubt, this thread was intended for Restaurants/Stores/ Venues in CAMBODIA only. Where it ends up nobody knows. Mea Culpa, I should of been more specific.

I quite like #Nostraspigzymus idea that it will come and go. This must be right as when everyone is vaccinated and the numbers are negligible, nobody will care anymore.
Last edited by Doc67 on Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
yongchi
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by yongchi »

Doc67 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:54 am
Bosco wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:39 pm Iza Restaurant at Vattanac tower needed a two shot vaccine card the other day. Great spot!
For the avoidance of doubt, this thread was intended for Restaurants/Stores/ Venues in CAMBODIA only.

Mea Culpa, I should of been more specific.
Vattanac tower is in Phnom Penh and the mentioned restaurant is located there.

In any case, great thread idea.

Perhaps “in Cambodia” could be added to the title.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Equinix wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:12 pm I'm not a big fan of the European government but they are working on a "Digital Green Certificate" which doesn't demand you take the vaccine.

You can get a "Digital Green Certificate"
* if you've been vaccinated
* if you got a negative test (valid for 3 days)
* or if you've recovered from covid

I'm pretty sure I've had covid over a year ago and I don't want to take any of these experimental vaccines.

I'm hoping antibody tests will be available in Cambodia within the next year and that other countries follow the EU in this ImageImageImage
They are here now. The NIPH do a Covid-19 antibody test according to Lambo for $20

Also to note its
$130 PCR test and flight certificate
$150 PCR & antibody test and flight certificate

Just incase you want to find out if you’ve already had covid and already got antibodies, they also do the antibody test

ask-the-expats-questions-answers/swab-t ... wab%20test
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

yongchi wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:08 am
Doc67 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:54 am
Bosco wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:39 pm Iza Restaurant at Vattanac tower needed a two shot vaccine card the other day. Great spot!
For the avoidance of doubt, this thread was intended for Restaurants/Stores/ Venues in CAMBODIA only.

Mea Culpa, I should of been more specific.
Vattanac tower is in Phnom Penh and the mentioned restaurant is located there.

In any case, great thread idea.

Perhaps “in Cambodia” could be added to the title.
Yeah, I was just highlighting it as what I was looking for, but I see it looks daft. I have corrected it.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

yongchi wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:08 am Perhaps “in Cambodia” could be added to the title.
Good idea. DONE.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Biffsm wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:08 am My visa extension is up for renewal in August and I have been wondering this exact question.
Not required for a Visa EOS.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:42 am
Biffsm wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:08 am My visa extension is up for renewal in August and I have been wondering this exact question.
Not required for a Visa EOS.
Do you see them making it a requirement once all foreigners have had the opportunity to be vaxxed?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic