Road trips around the world (long & short)

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: Road trips around the world (long & short)

Post by Jerry Atrick »

It's been a goal of mine since I was a child to road trip/bike trip around the world.

Younger, I would have expected to have already done so at least once by now, but I couldn't keep my dick in my pants and now have a growing family, so I like to vicariously live these things through the experiences of others, for the time being

Among the travelers/bloggers I follow is this guy: RTWDoug

He definitely does things as he likes.

https://attackchoppers.blogspot.com/201 ... -post.html
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

I used to drive from close to Murchison Falls in Western Uganda to Kampala once a month for a couple of years, I never tired of that journey. Had a bit of everything, a 5 hour window on African life from lush rural beauty, through villages and ramshackle little towns to the vibrant colourful chaotic heart of the nation.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
TWY
Expatriate
Macedonia

Post by TWY »

Brody's Hwy 1 in California is excellent.

I'd also recommend to Zion, then Bryce, then to Kodachrome Basin State Park, then Hwy 12 up to Capital Reef National Park. From there you have the choice of a big drive up to the Tetons & Yellowstone or complete a circular route over to Arches National Park/Moab Utah & Canyonlands National park. From there drive south to Monument Valley. From there you are 3 hours from the South Rim of the Grand Canyon (four hours from the North Rim). Driving from South Rim to North Rim is about a 4 hour drive. Page Arizona is between the two and offers Antelope Canyon, Horseshoe Bend, Lake Powell, And Rainbow Bridge National park (though this is a time commitment as usually its a boat tour). Personally, I think the roundtrip is great. Just be aware that hotels near the South Rim are stupid expensive during the summer. I usually have driven the 45 minutes down to Williams to save about $200/night. I haven't done it but I know others that have gone from Williams over to Sedona Arizona and liked it (and part of the drive is on route 66).

I think after this past year just about any drive will seem about 5 times as scenic and enjoyable. I know we can't wait until we can take a vacation (without worrying about getting tests, vaccine documents, etc)
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Captain Bonez wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 6:08 pm drivel
What happened Bonezy?

My brocephus.............my brother from another mother?

We used to be so tight. No one had thc running through their veins like the two of us.

You'd turn on me like that?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic