British Teacher Passed Away Suddenly in Phnom Penh

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

British Teacher Passed Away Suddenly in Phnom Penh

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): On May 29, 2021, at 6 pm, a 56-year-old British man, PETER JOHN LOCK, a teacher, passed away in the elevator of Rose Landy Apartments, on Tropeng Chok village, Khan Sen Sok, Phnom Penh.

According to the victim's friend, THIARACHATE INTHARANET, a Thai national, on May 29, 2021, while he was in his room, someone came to knock on the door of his room and told him that the victim collapsed in the elevator. Then, he went to take his friend to the hospital, but he was already dead.

A 42-year-old man, Keth Sarom, said that on May 29, 2021, the victim arrived back at the apartment block in a tuk-tuk, and then took the elevator, where he collapsed suddenly. The Thai man and an African man took the victim out of the elevator and called the ambulance. But unfortunately, when the medical team arrived, the victim had already passed away.

According to the post mortem examination, the victim died of a heart attack after using a drug containing morphine. The body was taken to Teuk Thlar pagoda.
RIP and condolences to the family and friends of the deceased.

A photo taken at the scene has been placed in the darknet forum.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: British Teacher Passed Away Suddenly in Phnom Penh

Post by Doc67 »

a drug containing morphine.

Is that something like Tramadol which, apparently, is very dangerous when taken with alcohol?
siliconlife
Expatriate
Palau Island

Post by siliconlife »

Doc67 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 1:02 pm

Is that something like Tramadol which, apparently, is very dangerous when taken with alcohol?
Probably morphine sulphate tablets? I remember junkies buying them OTC around lakeside in PP. tramadol is a different chemical
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

If it's actually morphine that's a fair bit stronger than tramadol. But they might use that just to indicate it was an opiate.

There is risk involved but considering how many people are on alcohol and pain killers I assume you need a bit of bad luck to accidentally end yourself like that.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

My immediate suspicion.
ssian
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by ssian »

[Admin Edit: Don't come on here to troll. Take a few days off.]
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Alcohol, when mixed with opioids, increases the risk of overdose by increasing the suppression of the respiratory system.
But mixing Benzo's (valium zanax serapax etc) with opioids increases the risk dramatically.

Most people who die from opioid OD in Oz have benzo's in their system. Either from a Drs script for their "underlying" condition, or from using them as substitutes for the real thing when they are hanging out.

Yuk!!
Years of resolutely saying Yuk!! to substitutes saved my life, my body and my brain from the worst effects of heroin addiction.
Apart from it's addictiveness and its fine OD border line, heroin itself is actually fairly benign - far more benign than BigPharma's poisons.
(or long term med-heavy alcohol intake, imo)

RIP, brother
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

most likely OxyContin
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 3:42 pm Alcohol, when mixed with opioids, increases the risk of overdose by increasing the suppression of the respiratory system.
But mixing Benzo's (valium zanax serapax etc) with opioids increases the risk dramatically.

Most people who die from opioid OD in Oz have benzo's in their system. Either from a Drs script for their "underlying" condition, or from using them as substitutes for the real thing when they are hanging out.

Yuk!!
Years of resolutely saying Yuk!! to substitutes saved my life, my body and my brain from the worst effects of heroin addiction.
Apart from it's addictiveness and its fine OD border line, heroin itself is actually fairly benign - far more benign than BigPharma's poisons.
(or long term med-heavy alcohol intake, imo)

RIP, brother
Are you still using junk?
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

Something as simple as a co-codamol headache table will indicate morphine on those instant test kits,
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic