EdC Announce Power Cuts in Phnom Penh and Kandal

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: EdC Announce Power Cuts in Phnom Penh and Kandal

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

EDC would like to inform the public that we will halt the electricity in the following areas and timeframes:

Friday 07 July 2023
a. from 8:00am to 13:00pm
1. Beung Keng Kong district: Zone OP055 in Beung Keng Kong I.
2. Chomkar Mon district: Zone PT375 in Tonle Bassac..
3. Dongkor district: Zone PT325 and some zones in Prek Kampeus.

b. from 8:00am to 16:00pm
1. Boeung Keng Kong district: Zone PT202 in Toul Svay Prey I.
2. Daun Penh district: Zones D08 in Sras Chak.
3. Sen Sok district: Some areas in Kraing Thnong and Kork Klaing.
4. Po Sen Chey district: Some areas in Chom Chao III and Samroung Krom.
5. Dangkor district: Some areas in Dangkor abd Cherng Ek.
6. Prek Pnov district: Some areas in Kork Rokar.

Saturday 08 July 2023
a. From 8:00am to 13:00pm
1. Toul Kork district: Zone OP235, PT1336 and P1389 in Boeung Kak I.
2..Reussey Keo district: Some zones in Chrang Chomres I & II and Svay Pak.
3. Sen Sok district: Some areas in Phnom Penh Thmey, Kmounh, Kraing Thnong andf Kork Klaing. .
4. Prek Pnov district: Some areas in Kork Roka..

b. From 8:00 am to 16:00pm
1. Chomkar Mon district: Zone D04 and PT505 in Tonle Bassac. .
2. Chroy Chongvar district: Some areas in Prek Leab.
3. Kambol district: Some areas in Kambol and Kanthok.

Sunday 09 July 2023
From 8:00am to 16:00pm
1. Chomkar Mon district: Zone PT424 and PT837 in Tonle Bassac and Psar Derm Tkov
3. Reussey Kei district: Some areas in Toul Sangke I & II, Reussey Keo and Kilometre 6. .
4. Kambol district: Some areas in Kambol and Kanthok.

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: EdC Announce Power Cuts in Phnom Penh and Kandal

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

24 Aug 2023 | 08:52 AM UTC
Cambodia: Planned power outages to continue in parts of Phnom Penh through Aug. 27
Planned power outages to continue in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, through Aug. 27 due to maintenance work. Disruptions likely.

Due to maintenance work, planned power outages will continue in parts of Phnom Penh through Aug. 27. Utility provider Electricite du Cambodge has announced that electricity disruptions will occur on the following days:

Aug. 25: Outages will occur in Doun Penh District 08:00-13:00. Additional electricity disruptions are scheduled to occur in Dangkor District 08:00-16:00.

Aug. 26: Scheduled electricity disruptions will occur in Dangkor District 08:00-13:00. Further planned disruptions will take place in Kamboul, Pou Senchey, Prek Pnov, and Sen Sok districts 08:00-16:00.

Aug. 27: Planned outages are slated to take place in Mean Chey and Sen Sok districts 08:00-16:00.

Disruptions to business and telecommunications, including cellular and mobile services, may occur. Transport disruptions are likely in areas with malfunctioning traffic signals. Power outages could result in the temporary unavailability of essential services, such as ATMs and gas stations. Blackouts could adversely affect security protocols, including alarm systems and electronic fences; opportunistic criminal activity could increase during electricity outages.
https://crisis24.garda.com/alerts/2023/ ... ugh-aug-27
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic