Cambodia Superstar Denny Kwan Accuses Sihanoukville Hotel of Having Hidden Cameras in Rooms

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Cambodia Superstar Denny Kwan Accuses Sihanoukville Hotel of Having Hidden Cameras in Rooms

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Sihanoukville): On May 25, 2021, the Cambodian film star, Denny Kwan, has accused Sihanoukville hotel, Gold Sea Hotel, of having hidden cameras installed in their hotel rooms where guests sleep. She's uploaded videos and pictures supporting her accusations, and says the hotel owners offered her $10,000 for her troubles, but turned down the offer as it's just too low.

In 2017 Denny Kwan was banned from appearing in Cambodian movies for one year when the Culture and Fine Arts Ministry deemed her 'too sexy' because of some selfies she posted on social media. Denny Kwan says she stayed in the hotel back in 2020 when she discovered the hidden cameras in her room, and confronted the hotel owners. She remained quiet for many months while they negotiated a settlement, but she now thinks $10,000 is way too low and has decided to go public about the hotel.

The owner of Gold Sea Hotel has not made any public statements yet, and it's not clear if they have removed the hidden cameras yet or not.

This is not the first time someone has accused a Cambodian hotel of having hidden cameras in their rooms.

Denny Kwan's social media page where she says she will reveal more later: https://www.facebook.com/choum.roza

Images of the alleged 'viewing room' with all of the video feeds and one of the cameras hidden in the wall of the guest rooms:

ImageImage

Pictures of Gold Sea Hotel from the outside and their business card:

ImageImage

The first video shows her confronting Gold Sea Hotel about finding the hidden cameras in her room:

The next video was taken from inside her hotel room where she found the hidden cameras:

And the last video appears to be Denny Kwan in the hotel lobby speaking with police about the incident:

More pictures of Denny Kwan:

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Re: Cambodia Superstar Denny Kwan Accuses Sihanoukville Hotel of Having Hidden Cameras in Rooms

Post by Ghostwriter »

Two good movies come to mind, videodrome &1984.
The hote's X-rated ones must be somewhere on the web...
Strawberryshake
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Cambodia Superstar Denny Kwan Accuses Sihanoukville Hotel of Having Hidden Cameras in Rooms

Post by Strawberryshake »

Hotel owner should go to jail and the hotel closed !
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

For the most fleeting of moments my spirits soared when I thought the "superstar" turned down the $10,000 "for her troubles" on general principle, i.e. you can't bribe your way out of this one. Good for her, she's got plenty of money and they have picked to wrong victim!

Then came the magic words...."as it's just too low" which confirmed that this women is just as big a c**t as the hotel owners.

She spots the cameras and then decides to embark on an extortion scheme with faux outrage videos. She got to $10k, but decided that wasn't quite enough to sell out her fellow man so now goes public.

She remained quiet for many months while they negotiated a settlement, but she now thinks $10,000 is way too low and has decided to go public about the hotel.

Maybe she finally realised that all her huffing and puffing on camera was also being recorded by the hotel, so if and when they ever get caught by someone else, they will drag her down with them - "Look - Denny Kwan knew what we were doing and blackmailed us". That would make a great diversionary story for people to redirect their outrage.

She's just as bad as them.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Ghostwriter wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 11:02 pm Two good movies come to mind, videodrome &1984.
Dear @Ghostwriter Your moving cat avatar was bad enough, but this latest one is truly disturbing.

Can't you just put the Eiffel Tower up, or a nice Croque Monsieur picture? I'm sure I'm not alone on this one :D

Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

@Doc67, members are welcome to use their own passport photo as an avatar.
You shouldn't be rude just because of his choice of necklace.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Doc67 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 7:42 am
Ghostwriter wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 11:02 pm Two good movies come to mind, videodrome &1984.
Dear @Ghostwriter Your moving cat avatar was bad enough, but this latest one is truly disturbing.

Can't you just put the Eiffel Tower up, or a nice Croque Monsieur picture? I'm sure I'm not alone on this one :D

Well it's not more disturbing than any other cliché about Frenchs that you can find around the forum, but at least with this one, i meet some poster's fantasy right in the smelly flesh of it ^^
Free wank on the house !

By the way, towers (Eiffel or else) are largely considered as a tad phallic, and "croque monsieur" also means "male snack" in the boys community...should i be worried, as you also do not appreciate neither the pussy nor the lady on my profile ?
If you're not alone on this one, you will surely enlarge the circle :lol: of your friends ? Naughty naughty yeah

Couldn't find a beaver, so i found this cute furry animal with a sextoy. Better ?

Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Ghostwriter wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 2:49 am
Doc67 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 7:42 am

Well it's not more disturbing than any other cliché about Frenchs that you can find around the forum, but at least with this one, i meet some poster's fantasy right in the smelly flesh of it ^^
Free wank on the house !

By the way, towers (Eiffel or else) are largely considered as a tad phallic, and "croque monsieur" also means "male snack" in the boys community...should i be worried, as you also do not appreciate neither the pussy nor the lady on my profile ?
If you're not alone on this one, you will surely enlarge the circle :lol: of your friends ? Naughty naughty yeah

Couldn't find a beaver, so i found this cute furry animal with a sextoy. Better ?

as you also do not appreciate neither the pussy nor the lady on my profile ?

That's a lady??? :bad: Looks like a trainee cross dresser. The cliché about French women just went up in smoke.

How about this little guy as a compromise?

Strawberryshake
Expatriate
Germany

Post by Strawberryshake »

Back on topic that hotel will change its name and logo very soon.
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

Strawberryshake wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 3:27 pm Back on topic that hotel will change its name and logo very soon.
Gold See Hotel
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic