Covid vaccination registration for foreigners from June 7

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Re: Covid vaccination registration for foreigners from June 7

Post by yong »

Big news on Siam BioScience's AstraZeneca delivery

https://thestandard.co/astrazeneca-delay-vaccine/

Headline read:

จับตาวัคซีนดีเลย์ AstraZeneca จากสยามไบโอไซเอนซ์ 1.7 ล้านโดสมาไม่ทัน พ.ค. – หลาย รพ. เลื่อนฉีด

Translate into:

Keep an eye on the delay vaccine AstraZeneca from Siam BioScience 1.7 million doses, missed May - several hospitals postpone injections.

For me it would be an even BIGGER NEWS if delivery was on time, I may have a heart attack.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

I think it's worse @yong Sorry to say. I am just as disappointed as you. Thai Inquirer and Thai PBS World did some more groundwork since The Standard (Thai language) story.

But first, if you get an AZ jab in June (the June appointment sked is full already), you won't get the second shot until October because they've extended the gap from 10 weeks to 16 weeks! I wonder why? See below.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/2nd-dose-o ... se-not-10/

Second, as was expected by many (me, included), they're just not making enough doses. Surprise surprise!
Some hospitals were being forced to postpone second rounds of Covid-19 inoculations as Siam Bioscience was falling behind in its scheduled production of the AstraZeneca vaccine, a news report said Monday.

Public hospitals such as Vajira, Chulabhorn, and Thammasat announced that they were short of vaccine stock over the weekend and will thus be delaying their scheduled shots, The Standard reported.
According to an earlier report by Thai Enquirer, a senior source within the ministry said in May that there has been a problem scaling up production within Siam Bioscience. Initial reports suggest production levels in June were likely to be around half of what was scheduled, the source said.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/27859/hosp ... roduction/

Can't say this was not expected. TiT. I have a feeling I'll be going with Plan B: Going home to the Land of Plenty Vaccines.
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

ExPenhMan wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:44 pm I think it's worse @yong Sorry to say. I am just as disappointed as you. Thai Inquirer and Thai PBS World did some more groundwork since The Standard (Thai language) story.

But first, if you get an AZ jab in June (the June appointment sked is full already), you won't get the second shot until October because they've extended the gap from 10 weeks to 16 weeks! I wonder why? See below.
This is murderous these motherfxxkers

ExPenhMan wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:44 pm Second, as was expected by many (me, included), they're just not making enough doses. Surprise surprise!
Yes you're asking a fail entity who makes panadol to make high tech vaccine what can you expect these motherfxxkers to do?

ExPenhMan wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:44 pm Can't say this was not expected. TiT. I have a feeling I'll be going with Plan B: Going home to the Land of Plenty Vaccines.
Actually all these don't concern me as I've already successfully secured the Mondena shit, I'm unhappy because of the leadership here who's supposed to serve and not profit from this crisis.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

^ Agree with you guys.

2 weeks before they were supposed to be producing and the cracks are already appearing, what a surprise. I've got a feeling the list of inventive backtracking excuses coming from this incompetent junta required to absolve themselves of any responsibility for the inevitable shambles will grow longer and longer as their December target slowly becomes February then March and possibly out to April. I very much doubt they built any slack into their target output from local production, which may see them desperately ordering in emergency supplies from China to plug delays and limit the loss of face.

They can organise a coup to get themselves in power but this must be the first time in 7 years they've been forced to organise something for the good of the nation, let's see how that goes.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

1. nope
2. nope
3. nope

I am more than happy waiting ...... :beer3:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:44 am Image

1. nope
2. nope
3. nope

I am more than happy waiting ...... :beer3:
:D :thumb:
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

FUCK PRAYUT!
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

For attention of any Kiwis in Thailand...
ATTENTION: VACCINATION OPPORTUNITY FOR NEW ZEALAND CITIZENS LIVING IN THE BANGKOK AREA

The New Zealand Embassy in Bangkok has been offered the opportunity by the Royal Thai Government for a limited number of New Zealand citizens living in the Bangkok area to receive the AstraZeneca vaccination on Sunday 18 July 2021 at SCG Headquarters in Bang Sue (please not this is NOT Bang Sue Station). All those who would like to register for the vaccination must send the following information to [email protected] by 12pm noon on Saturday 17 July. Please include “Vaccination Registration – [Your Full Name]” in the subject line.

In your email you must include:

Your name (as it appears in your New Zealand passport)
Your date of birth in following format YYYY-MM-DD
Your age
Contact phone no.
Your residential address in Thailand
Email address
A photo or scanned copy of your passport bio-data page (either JPEG, Word or PDF format less than 5MB)

This information will be provided to the Thai authorities in order to schedule your appointment. Please do not post or send this information through Facebook, only send the information via email to [email protected]

As spaces are limited only those who receive an appointment will be contacted. If your appointment to be vaccinated is confirmed then you will receive an email. That message will provide details about when you will need to report to the SCG Headquarters in Bang Sue (please not this is NOT Bang Sue Station) on Sunday 18 July. You will need to make your own travel arrangements.

Please be aware that the New Zealand Embassy is only providing information on this opportunity and we recommend that you seek medical advice before vaccination.

New Zealanders in Thailand requiring consular assistance can contact +66 81 837 7240 or email:[email protected]
Alternatively, you can contact +64 99 20 20 20 (After-hours). Please register on https://register.safetravel.govt.nz/login
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Same goes for all French citizens in Thailand, free J & J vaccines if over 60
Swiss citizens if over 55 get AstraZeneca

There are now at least four embassies that were apparently given vaccination appointments on Sunday by the Thai government. Australia, America, Canada & New Zealand

Good news for American citizens in #Bangkok. The US Embassy in Bangkok has just posted to say the Thai Government is offering U.S. citizens the opportunity to be vaccinated with the AstraZeneca vaccine at 4 p.m. on Sunday
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

🤞🏽🤞🏽 Good ideas .. hope the american embassy does that for us in cambodia 🇰🇭 , and send mine up to siem reap
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic