Phnom Penh job offer

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Phnom Penh job offer

Post by Kammekor »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 8:32 am Getting Salty Kammekor?
Nah. Normally I could easily spend a week or two in the Penh, this time it was just four nights and it was more than enough to be honest. Will try again in a month or two and see what's changed.

Didn't like the hassle to get food, the desperate looks of all those closed businesses, the enormous amount of 'for sale' / 'for rent' signs everywhere, the desperate faces of the people working at the barber's when I came in at 3PM being the first customer of the day, etc etc. The Penh has slowly been killed over the last fourteen months and it all sped up over the last months.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Re: Phnom Penh job offer

Post by newkidontheblock »

Doc67 wrote:I have never been to Singapore, but I think this place will still be a lot more fun than Singapore in the next few months.
I’ve been to Singapore as a tourist and honored guest. The missionaries who run the village private school are from a church in Singapore. The Singapore Flyer, Merlion, Gardens by the Bay were great.

Yong is a Singaporean who lives in Thailand and can probably tell more about the puritanical (aka non-touristy) side.

Singapore doesn’t allow cars above a certain number of years to be driven. Basically all the cars are near new. If a neighbor sees you having sex through your window, the cops can come arrest you and your partner. I did see some non-Singaporeans getting hassled by the cops, primary because they were not Singaporean.

Please be safe out there.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic