Landlord family living in my apartment

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Landlord family living in my apartment

Post by Brody »

Reckoning wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:44 am I think I will go back sooner rather than later if the bar lockdown is over.
So your travel decisions are based on whether bars are open or not?

You and this thread are starting to give me a trollish vibe. Where is Camnivag these days, anyway?
The Judge
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by The Judge »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:28 am While I don't think he's in the wrong for having a camera, I don't see why they should wave the rent till you get back. Or do you mean wave the rent for the time they used it?
As they've seemed to have found his camera and turned it off, I'd argue that he shouldn't be liable for his rent from the first time he can prove someone else was in his room until the day he returns. But since he mentioned he only paid 2 months in advance for the time he'd be out of country, any time beyond those 2 months gets a bit quirky.

And because this is the KOW, he should probably consider himself lucky to get anything abated. But my hopes are with him.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

The Judge wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:26 am
violet wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:05 am
The Judge wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:55 am The OP had invested in a security camera, and there is no evidence presented yet that it was used to obtain naked bathroom/shower of unsuspecting victims.

It is entirely his right to use it, whether he's currently living in the unit or not, since he maintains the lease and had purchased the camera equipment. All HIS belongings were left in the room. I just hope they're still there and in same condition as when he left.

Who the hell are any of you to question him about when he should turn the camera on or off??? For god sake, get off your fucking horses!
Just because you can (or have the right) doesn’t mean you should
Ok, tell us why he shouldn't?
Because vouyerism is still considered unsavoury by the mass public.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

The Judge wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:53 am
hburns wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:31 am Are you saying these quotes by OP aren't a bit pervy and creepy peep show voyeur?

"On the bright side, 3 days ago I was scanning through video and saw the son’s wife sitting on sofa next to him and all of a sudden she whips off her top and starts rubbing some kind of moisturizer or whitening cream or stretch mark cream on her saggy breasts and stomach. Almost makes it all worthwhile. The guy tried for a cheeky grope but she slapped his hand away."

"I just scanned through some footage and i notice the wife and child have been gone awhile and I’m 80% sure the husband fucked another woman but it must have been fast like five minutes."

I'm not saying security cameras are bad but a bit more discretion might not be a bad thing to stop people like me thinking he's becoming a bit pervy.
If the family/people hadn't illegally encroached upon his room, then he'd have nothing to report. They've got only themselves to blame.
I can see your perspective. However, the OP has evidence of wrong doing already. How is it NOT bad behaviour to perve on people regardless of whether they are behaving lawfully or morally?
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Reckoning wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:44 am I didnt just put it up when I left. I was used to having cameras inside and outside my house in the USA for security because I grow plants and had sketchy neighbors, I just have a small hidden camera though in Cambodia I use it to watch my apartment when i am gone for the day or watch the maids.

I use it in hotels too. I once caught a bargirl in Pattaya going through all my stuff when I was asleep and stealing my watch and I showed it to the police and then went back to the bar the next night and they “convinced” her to give it back.

Anyway I told the sister that yes I have a camera and I have saved a lot of footage but I will delete it all if they waive all rent until I come back.

I think I will go back sooner rather than later maybe in about a month if the bar lockdown is over.
Good, now they can decide whether to provide you with more nudity or sex shows.

When I said earlier to ignore their question, I wasn’t thinking about the fact you were still observing them in such ‘positions’
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

I searched the internet to better understand what is legal and moral in a situation where the camera is in your rented property. It doesn’t fully answer my questions but helps

https://www.hg.org/legal-articles/voyeu ... tion-52881
hburns
Expatriate
Togo

Post by hburns »

Brody wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:33 am
Reckoning wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:44 am I think I will go back sooner rather than later if the bar lockdown is over.

You and this thread are starting to give me a trollish vibe. Where is Camnivag these days, anyway?
Agreed. The camera certainly seems to be working for and extraordinary amount of time. By the OP's comments it seems like the camera is recording a lot every day so if its running off a battery I'm fairly sure it would have been empty after the first couple of weeks.
ego bibere nimis
Expatriate
Australia

Post by ego bibere nimis »

Reckoning wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:44 am I didnt just put it up when I left. I was used to having cameras inside and outside my house in the USA for security because I grow plants and had sketchy neighbors, I just have a small hidden camera though in Cambodia I use it to watch my apartment when i am gone for the day or watch the maids.

I use it in hotels too. I once caught a bargirl in Pattaya going through all my stuff when I was asleep and stealing my watch and I showed it to the police and then went back to the bar the next night and they “convinced” her to give it back.

Anyway I told the sister that yes I have a camera and I have saved a lot of footage but I will delete it all if they waive all rent until I come back.

I think I will go back sooner rather than later maybe in about a month if the bar lockdown is over.
"I use it in hotels too. I once caught a bargirl in Pattaya going through all my stuff when I was asleep and stealing my watch and I showed it to the police and then went back to the bar the next night and they “convinced” her to give it back."

Hmmm. good that you caught her. Got to ask though, was it turned on the whole time she was in your room...without her knowledge? Because that's beyond inappropriate.
You know that tingly little feeling you get when you really like someone? That's common sense leaving your body.
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

hburns wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:41 pm
Brody wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:33 am

Agreed. The camera certainly seems to be working for and extraordinary amount of time. By the OP's comments it seems like the camera is recording a lot every day so if its running off a battery I'm fairly sure it would have been empty after the first couple of weeks.
these things will run forever: https://www.deluxecctv.com/catalog/hidd ... 4GEALw_wcB
bucknaked
Expatriate
Australia

Post by bucknaked »

why don't you see if someone on this forum living in PP will go over and check your stuff for you?

get the locks changed maybe?
Even the ugly ones
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic