Landlord family living in my apartment

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
The Judge
BANNED
Cambodia

Re: Landlord family living in my apartment

Post by The Judge »

The OP had invested in a security camera, and there is no evidence presented yet that it was used to obtain naked bathroom/shower of unsuspecting victims.

It is entirely his right to use it, whether he's currently living in the unit or not, since he maintains the lease and had purchased the camera equipment. All HIS belongings were left in the room. I just hope they're still there and in same condition as when he left.

Who the hell are any of you to question him about when he should turn the camera on or off??? For god sake, get off your fucking horses!
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

The Judge wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:55 am The OP had invested in a security camera, and there is no evidence presented yet that it was used to obtain naked bathroom/shower of unsuspecting victims.

It is entirely his right to use it, whether he's currently living in the unit or not, since he maintains the lease and had purchased the camera equipment. All HIS belongings were left in the room. I just hope they're still there and in same condition as when he left.

Who the hell are any of you to question him about when he should turn the camera on or off??? For god sake, get off your fucking horses!
Just because you can (or have the right) doesn’t mean you should
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
The Judge
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by The Judge »

violet wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:05 am
The Judge wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:55 am The OP had invested in a security camera, and there is no evidence presented yet that it was used to obtain naked bathroom/shower of unsuspecting victims.

Just because you can (or have the right) doesn’t mean you should
Ok, tell us why he shouldn't?
hburns
Expatriate
Togo

Post by hburns »

Are you saying these quotes by OP aren't a bit pervy and creepy peep show voyeur?

"On the bright side, 3 days ago I was scanning through video and saw the son’s wife sitting on sofa next to him and all of a sudden she whips off her top and starts rubbing some kind of moisturizer or whitening cream or stretch mark cream on her saggy breasts and stomach. Almost makes it all worthwhile. The guy tried for a cheeky grope but she slapped his hand away."

"I just scanned through some footage and i notice the wife and child have been gone awhile and I’m 80% sure the husband fucked another woman but it must have been fast like five minutes."

I'm not saying security cameras are bad but a bit more discretion might not be a bad thing to stop people like me thinking he's becoming a bit pervy.
The Judge
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by The Judge »

hburns wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:31 am Are you saying these quotes by OP aren't a bit pervy and creepy peep show voyeur?

"On the bright side, 3 days ago I was scanning through video and saw the son’s wife sitting on sofa next to him and all of a sudden she whips off her top and starts rubbing some kind of moisturizer or whitening cream or stretch mark cream on her saggy breasts and stomach. Almost makes it all worthwhile. The guy tried for a cheeky grope but she slapped his hand away."

"I just scanned through some footage and i notice the wife and child have been gone awhile and I’m 80% sure the husband fucked another woman but it must have been fast like five minutes."

I'm not saying security cameras are bad but a bit more discretion might not be a bad thing to stop people like me thinking he's becoming a bit pervy.
If the family/people hadn't illegally encroached upon his room, then he'd have nothing to report. They've got only themselves to blame.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

isn't the whole point of a security camera is to see what goes on in ur apt, shop, warehouse when ur not there?

OP paid/pays rent, has a lease, surely he has the right to see if anything is going on in "his" apt.

OP: what will you do when you return? confront ur landlord and tell him you saw what he did?
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Reckoning
Expatriate

Post by Reckoning »

I didnt just put it up when I left. I was used to having cameras inside and outside my house in the USA for security because I grow plants and had sketchy neighbors, I just have a small hidden camera though in Cambodia I use it to watch my apartment when i am gone for the day or watch the maids.

I use it in hotels too. I once caught a bargirl in Pattaya going through all my stuff when I was asleep and stealing my watch and I showed it to the police and then went back to the bar the next night and they “convinced” her to give it back.

Anyway I told the sister that yes I have a camera and I have saved a lot of footage but I will delete it all if they waive all rent until I come back.

I think I will go back sooner rather than later maybe in about a month if the bar lockdown is over.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Reckoning wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:44 am I didnt just put it up when I left. I was used to having cameras inside and outside my house in the USA for security because I grow plants and had sketchy neighbors, I just have a small hidden camera though in Cambodia I use it to watch my apartment when i am gone for the day or watch the maids.

I use it in hotels too. I once caught a bargirl in Pattaya going through all my stuff when I was asleep and stealing my watch and I showed it to the police and then went back to the bar the next night and they “convinced” her to give it back.

Anyway I told the sister that yes I have a camera and I have saved a lot of footage but I will delete it all if they waive all rent until I come back.

I think I will go back sooner rather than later maybe in about a month if the bar lockdown is over.
Tread carefully.
The Judge
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by The Judge »

Anchor Moy wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:50 am Personally, I do leave places that I own without any cameras when I'm absent, and it would not ever enter my mind to leave a camera in a rented place that I don't even own.
Would you please give me your address and room number, and what time you go to work and return??
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

While I don't think he's in the wrong for having a camera, I don't see why they should wave the rent till you get back. Or do you mean wave the rent for the time they used it?
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic