Landlord family living in my apartment

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
scott61
Expatriate
Virgin Islands (Brit)

Re: Landlord family living in my apartment

Post by scott61 »

The Judge wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 6:33 am
Reckoning wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 1:59 am
On the bright side, 3 days ago I was scanning through video and saw the son’s wife sitting on sofa next to him and all of a sudden she whips off her top and starts rubbing some kind of moisturizer or whitening cream or stretch mark cream on her saggy breasts and stomach. Almost makes it all worthwhile.
Video please? That'd be a great way to get some extra satisfaction at their expense, having the CEO community all see the son's wife's booby rub! Maybe not wise though, as I don't wish you any more trouble with them, in case there's anything they could do with the police because you posted it online. But if you send to my mail I wouldn't object! :please:

We've all learned hard lessons from living here. Cutting your rent and abating the electricity and water while you're gone is more than I'd have expected them to do, so in a weird way you might be getting a good deal, provided nothing has been stolen or damaged during your absence, which is wishful thinking at best, sad to say.
Reckoning wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 1:59 am An hour later I saw them walking around the apartment like they were looking for something and pointing at the ceiling but didn't see them real close to the camera. Then 20not long ago the camera went offline.

It might just be an internet outage that’s happened a few times before but it's possible they found the camera? I really get anxiety about them being in the apartment with my stuff without knowing what's going on.
I'd go apeshit if it were me. I feel your pain.
[/quote]

Just a thought, who else can imagine similar but more lurid stories on what the OP might have seen on his spycam? Not to send the landlord - just for our (my) own gratification.

Please don't say, 'you first' I can't get off on my own writing (typing with one hand, so to speak).
Welcome to social media. You will be contacted shortly by someone who doesn't understand humour.
scott61
Expatriate
Virgin Islands (Brit)

Post by scott61 »

Better explain that was a joke 🙄
Welcome to social media. You will be contacted shortly by someone who doesn't understand humour.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

It may be worth extending the holiday with your family in the US, moreso in the light of the pandemic. Everything seems to be at a slow and unknown pace at the moment. So the new family of your two months advanced rent, that if I have it right will run on for another 14-12 months, and the new lady of your apartment, and new film starlet offer's you part rent and no utility billing while you are absent.
It's not a bad deal if you look at it like they are providing you with a live in cleaning service, just the build up of dust and insect's are enough when property is left vacant for the shortest time, also add the security services they are providing. Good deal I would say, and also an around arrangement being family of your landlord. You could have probably said that your belongings and secret stash (illegal) was pretty safe in their hands. Well probably, if they have not come across your camera.
So how important are your belongings, let's say compared to the end price of your existing rent agreement on your return.
I may be inclined to offer the family a few exercise machines has a thank you for their concerns and kindness, a little bit of foreign and local monies for the little one, with regards them returning your ABA card to the bank. And of course safe disposal of past prescription medication. Or failing that arrangement, when you next speak to the budding movie star, tell her that you think it could be a good arrangement all round if they stay at the apartment when you return, with the same payment she had offered previous.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Reckoning
Expatriate

Post by Reckoning »

Video came back on but now sister is messaging me asking directly if I have a camera in the room what should I do? I haven’t admitted anything.
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

Reckoning wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:26 pm Video came back on but now sister is messaging me asking directly if I have a camera in the room what should I do? I haven’t admitted anything.
Is the camera view the same as before? If it's a little different, for example you see more of the left side of the room than before or something it would mean they'd found it, picked it up, put it back in 'almost' the same place and you might as well tell them it was there.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

What would be the cause of the camera being offline all this time if they hadn’t found it?

I’d ignore the question.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

I agree, ignore it.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Reckoning
Expatriate

Post by Reckoning »

No I mean the video was back on when I woke up after I posted here before it was only off for a few hours.

I just scanned through some footage and i notice the wife and child have been gone awhile and I’m 80% sure the husband fucked another woman but it must have been fast like five minutes.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

I've got a question for the OP - why did you leave a spy camera on inside your empty (and locked) apartment ? Did you have it on while you were living there ?
:dm:
Enlighten me posters. Is this a thing that people do ? Personally, I do leave places that I own without any cameras when I'm absent, and it would not ever enter my mind to leave a camera in a rented place that I don't even own. And why leave a hidden camera, and not a burglar alarm or some other direct deterrent ? I would be more inclined to leave a large CCTV in evidence before the front door so you can't miss it as you go in, (even if it's a fake, lol.)

So, what's the consensus? Is it normal to leave a cam inside your house when it's a lock up and leave rental ? I find it peculiar, (and it doesn't seem to have been a very effective strategy in this case), but maybe that's what normal people do ? :?
hburns
Expatriate
Togo

Post by hburns »

Anchor Moy wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:50 am
So, what's the consensus? Is it normal to leave a cam inside your house when it's a lock up and leave rental ? I find it peculiar, (and it doesn't seem to have been a very effective strategy in this case), but maybe that's what normal people do ? :?
I've been wondering at what point the OP will think it's become a bit pervy. He knows the landlords family has been staying there already, but continues to watch them. A bit like a creepy peep show now I guess given that he's talked about seeing some boob and timed how long the fella was at it with his bit on the side.

Then again, I'm not convinced this is genuine and think the troll might be up to no good again.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic