Landlord family living in my apartment

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
BillDoe
BANNED
United States of America

Re: Landlord family living in my apartment

Post by BillDoe »

Sounds like she's "legally" just taken control of everything you own in Cambodia, goodluck ever seeing any of it again.
casey.barnett
Tourist

Post by casey.barnett »

Try this revolutionary tactic: politely tell the truth. Inform the landlord that your security camera shows his son is staying in your apartment and you’d prefer that didn’t.
Reckoning
Expatriate

Post by Reckoning »

They admit he is there that’s not the issue
The Judge
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by The Judge »

Reckoning wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 1:59 am
On the bright side, 3 days ago I was scanning through video and saw the son’s wife sitting on sofa next to him and all of a sudden she whips off her top and starts rubbing some kind of moisturizer or whitening cream or stretch mark cream on her saggy breasts and stomach. Almost makes it all worthwhile.[/quote]
Video please? That'd be a great way to get some extra satisfaction at their expense, having the CEO community all see the son's wife's booby rub! Maybe not wise though, as I don't wish you any more trouble with them, in case there's anything they could do with the police because you posted it online. But if you send to my mail I wouldn't object! :please:

We've all learned hard lessons from living here. Cutting your rent and abating the electricity and water while you're gone is more than I'd have expected them to do, so in a weird way you might be getting a good deal, provided nothing has been stolen or damaged during your absence, which is wishful thinking at best, sad to say.
Reckoning wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 1:59 am An hour later I saw them walking around the apartment like they were looking for something and pointing at the ceiling but didn't see them real close to the camera. Then 20not long ago the camera went offline.

It might just be an internet outage that’s happened a few times before but it's possible they found the camera? I really get anxiety about them being in the apartment with my stuff without knowing what's going on.
I'd go apeshit if it were me. I feel your pain.
Reckoning
Expatriate

Post by Reckoning »

I’m thinking of going back next month because I’m already vaccinated and will see my family soon and fuck them
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Reckoning wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 1:59 am An hour later I saw them walking around the apartment like they were looking for something and pointing at the ceiling but didn't see them real close to the camera. Then 20not long ago the camera went offline.

It might just be an internet outage that’s happened a few times before but it's possible they found the camera?

Of course they turned off/obstructed the camera..........I'm just shocked that it didn't happen sooner........after you tipped your hand to the sister about cameras.
ssian
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by ssian »

casey.barnett wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 4:04 am Try this revolutionary tactic: politely tell the truth. Inform the landlord that your security camera shows his son is staying in your apartment and you’d prefer that didn’t.
This is the dumbest advice
RogerSizemore
Tourist

Post by RogerSizemore »

Accept them as house sitters until you can return. If they weren't there, your situation might be even worse. Save all your records in the event they borrow anything on their way out the door.
BillDoe
BANNED
United States of America

Post by BillDoe »

Remember, everything that isn't nailed down is theirs
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

BillDoe wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 11:45 am Remember, everything that isn't nailed down is theirs
and probably most things that are as well :(

Hopefully most of your possessions are still there when you return. I assume you will be finding another place to live ?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic