Latest blog/details Westerner entering cambodia ?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Re: Latest blog/details Westerner entering cambodia ?

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

Apparently the Cambodian embassy in Australia is the only one to do it.
MaxNormal
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by MaxNormal »

We will be heading in via the Korean embassy next week so will let you chaos know what, if any, guidance we are given on this matter. Great thread though, very good to have this clear information. Thank you.
whereami
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by whereami »

BklynBoy wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 7:17 am
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:21 pm
whereami wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 12:56 pm Questions are 1)fastest time American has received his passport with Cambodia stamp to leave for cambodia.(while still in the usa and which embassy did you use ? 2) 2000usd any better than using a credit card (same balance) as far as deposit goes ? Thanks!
Is that it?

1. Can't comment on time frame as never applied from USA. You need to apply via the Embassy in DC's website and go through the pre-screening before submitting application.

2. Cash is king! You wouldn't believe the amount of people who have been denied entry due to problems encountered trying to pay by card, also worth noting that if you pay by CC it is processed as a cash advance, not a payment. Also, some airlines demand to see the cash ie. Asiana.
I just got my visa approved. you have to fill out a prescreening thing then they email you. The embassy in DC is pretty good at getting back to you. initially filled out prescreening thing and they wanted me to get more information added to the employment letter. After resubmitting employment letter it took 1 or 2 more days.
The embassy called me on the 2nd day asking me to check my email and confirm i got it.

I was good to go! Then took a few more days to get passport returned

The embassy in DC seems more on top of the process but it's not difficult

Last summer when at the airport in JFK-- Eva airlines asked to see my cash. The airline seemed pretty thorough. They reviewed my health certificate as well
Thanks info exactly what I looking for ! Sounds like less than 10 days total process receive visa (if already have employment letter) from when you sent your passport ? Good to hear communication good from DC embassy I'll post process from beginning to end including motel/visa/ect soon Cash only good option deposit wise thanks all tips appreciated If you arriving phnom penh from USA/other recently please post tips experiences other thread good , 2 can't hurt
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

whereami wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 5:19 am
whereami wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 12:56 pm Questions are 1)fastest time American has received his passport with Cambodia stamp to leave for cambodia.(while still in the usa and which embassy did you use ? 2) 2000usd any better than using a credit card (same balance) as far as deposit goes ? Thanks!
Is that it?

1. Can't comment on time frame as never applied from USA. You need to apply via the Embassy in DC's website and go through the pre-screening before submitting application.

2. Cash is king! You wouldn't believe the amount of people who have been denied entry due to problems encountered trying to pay by card, also worth noting that if you pay by CC it is processed as a cash advance, not a payment. Also, some airlines demand to see the cash ie. Asiana.
I just got my visa approved. you have to fill out a prescreening thing then they email you. The embassy in DC is pretty good at getting back to you. initially filled out prescreening thing and they wanted me to get more information added to the employment letter. After resubmitting employment letter it took 1 or 2 more days.
The embassy called me on the 2nd day asking me to check my email and confirm i got it.

Last summer when at the airport in JFK-- Eva airlines asked to see my cash. The airline seemed pretty thorough. They reviewed my health certificate as well
Thanks info exactly what I looking for ! Sounds like less than 10 days total process receive visa (if already have employment letter) from when you sent your passport ? Good to hear communication good from DC embassy I'll post process from beginning to end including motel/visa/ect soon Cash only good option deposit wise thanks all tips appreciated If you arriving phnom penh from USA/other recently please post tips experiences other thread good , 2 can't hurt
10 days or so yea. Remember your sending the package and waiting for return of package. That's already a few days right there. Once they have the initial package it doesn't just sit. They were on top of it

You can email or call them as well. I did a few times
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
whereami
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by whereami »

BklynBoy wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 5:45 am
whereami wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 5:19 am
Is that it?

10 days or so yea. Remember your sending the package and waiting for return of package. That's already a few days right there. Once they have the initial package it doesn't just sit. They were on top of it

You can email or call them as well. I did a few times
Thanks ! Makes sense bring an extra luggage full of food microwavable ect huh ? Not exactly fine dining but seems hit or miss motel eats and got gotta pay either way . Or , not a bad way to drop a quick 10 pounds/14 days
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

The food i had last summer wasn't so bad and i don't remember any microwave being available. It's possible every hotel was different. I forget name of my hotel but was Chinese. I was only there 1 night last summer tho
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Woody
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Woody »

I have had so many problem with the Cambodian embassy here in Australia. They seem to be operating under another song sheet.
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

Woody wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 5:36 pm I have had so many problem with the Cambodian embassy here in Australia. They seem to be operating under another song sheet.
if you can go in person
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

whereami wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 11:32 pm [Makes sense bring an extra luggage full of food microwavable ect huh ?
Haha, no...do not expect to have a microwave or any other means of cooking apart from an electric kettle.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Leave it on the balcony in direct sunlight for an hour. You'll soon have it at 40°.

In your AC room that will feel hot enough.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic