Latest blog/details Westerner entering cambodia ?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Latest blog/details Westerner entering cambodia ?

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Vaccination is definitely not a requirement, and there are no quarantine exemptions for those who have had the vaccine.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

BklynBoy wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 8:54 am
Klangattack wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 8:36 am I take it mandatory vaccine not required as yet for visa application ??
The guy at the embassy asked me if was vaccinated -- which i am.

It wasn't a sticking point but the vibe from the conversation made me feel it will be in the future. I also asked about vaccinated travelers bypassing or reduced quarantine-- answer NO..but also seemed like that was something that might happen in the future

Unfortunately, my future is late july
Here's a question for@PSD-Kiwi

@BklynBoy got his visa issued early in May (before 11th I think). He plans to set off on July 27th, arriving on July 29th, perhaps 7-10 days before expiry. He will be in quarantine until at least 12th and possibly the 14th (17 days is common).

The visa is good for 3 months, until you arrive, at which point it is good for only 1 month, even though you might have 2 months remaining from date of issue.

What happens if you only have 10 days left? Do you get a full 30 days upon arrival i.e. remaining 10 days plus another 20 days gratis?

Or do you just get the remaining days unexpired, in BklyBoy's case, less than 14 days and those days will expire during quarantine? If so...

Can you get an EB EOS when you have overstayed? Is it just a case of paying the $10 a day fine?

Or will immigration be waiting at reception for him when he checks out of quarantine? ( I doubt it, but these bureaucrats are funny people).
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

The embassy guy mentioned that issue and wanted to remind me that I will have to renew/extend my visa soon after I get out of quarantine. From my understanding of the conversation-- I get the remaining days that are unexpired. Less than 14 days and go back to renew

@Doc67 is correct. Leave July 27th.. Land July 29th
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

The Visa validity period for use is 3 months, that means you have 3 months to use it for entry into Cambodia.

You are then granted a 1 month period of Stay on arrival, this is indicated on your Entry STAMP.

Many people don't understand this, they think that the dates indicated on the Visa in advance sticker indicate the period of stay even after arrival, and many people have found themselves on nearly 3 months of overstay for not conducting a little research.

Due to having to spend appx 15 days in quarantine, you are only left with about 2 weeks period of Stay after release, so apply for your EOS asap after release.
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 7:17 pm The Visa validity period for use is 3 months, that means you have 3 months to use it for entry into Cambodia.

You are then granted a 1 month period of Stay on arrival, this is indicated on your Entry STAMP.

Many people don't understand this, they think that the dates indicated on the Visa in advance sticker indicate the period of stay even after arrival, and many people have found themselves on nearly 3 months of overstay for not conducting a little research.

Due to having to spend appx 15 days in quarantine, you are only left with about 2 weeks period of Stay after release, so apply for your EOS asap after release.
Even though it's clearly stated on the Visa
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

xX.TROPA.Xx wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 7:32 pm Even though it's clearly stated on the Visa
I am yet to see a Visa sticker which clearly states that, if yours does I would love to see it, feel free to send me via PM.
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 7:39 pm
xX.TROPA.Xx wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 7:32 pm Even though it's clearly stated on the Visa
I am yet to see a Visa sticker which clearly states that, if yours does I would love to see it, feel free to send me via PM.
PM sent
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

it might be a new thing they are doing because this is the first time it has been on my visa sticker (I'm not sure)
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

xX.TROPA.Xx wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 8:18 pm
it might be a new thing they are doing because this is the first time it has been on my visa sticker (I'm not sure)
PM received, cheers for sharing that...good to see that Embassy are making it explicity clear on the Visa, because most others definitely aren't.
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 8:32 pm
xX.TROPA.Xx wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 8:18 pm
PM received, cheers for sharing that...good to see that Embassy are making it explicity clear on the Visa, because most others definitely aren't.
never had it before but this is the first E VISA I have got since 2016
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic