Blacklisting question

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Valorant
Tourist

Blacklisting question

Post by Valorant »

When someone is deported from Cambodia due to immigration violation (no passport) is there a blacklist and for how long?
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Blacklisting question

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Length of entry ban depends on the circumstances of your deportation and is assessed on a case by case basis, can be anywhere from no entry ban to being blacklisted permanently.
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

If you are thinking of doing the old "lost my passport" to avoid overstay fine, I've heard it doesn't end well...
Wolf359
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Wolf359 »

xX.TROPA.Xx wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:49 am If you are thinking of doing the old "lost my passport" to avoid overstay fine, I've heard it doesn't end well...
Your results may vary. Know a guy who overstayed nearly a year. Had his passport stolen. Got a replacement. Went to sort out his overstay situation (turn himself in because he had no money to pay) so he could go home. They couldn't find him in the system or however they keep track of people, they basically said why are you even here and told him to go home. No fee, no ban, no problems. Flew home shortly after that.
Pedrazo
Expatriate

Post by Pedrazo »

I think this guy already got deported and wants to know if he's banned.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

I know of one guy who was deported for being a bum and got back in somehow. Makes you wonder...
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Valorant wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:11 am When someone is deported from Cambodia due to immigration violation (no passport) is there a blacklist and for how long?
I know a guy who paid a reduced amount of an extremely large overstay and he had a 48 month ban from returning which has since expired and he has been and gone a number of times
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic