Advise me please

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
dullretard
Tourist
Spain

Advise me please

Post by dullretard »

I am in Vietnam and I hate it

I have lived here with my gf (Ph) and 2 dogs for nearly 3 years, hot on the heels of 8+ years in Spain.

I hate living in Vietnam - not gonna explain it, just do.

I wanna get out . NOW. But where to? I'd planned on escaping back to the KoW, but you know, Covid and $2K quarantine (times 2)

Where can I go? Any sane suggestions welcomed.

I have ruled out the UK - hard to get visas for brown people there and cost to transport two dog is prohibitive; Philippines - Covid out of control; Thailand - Covid
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Advise me please

Post by Chuck Borris »

Not the right time to come to the KOW atm.
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
TWY
Expatriate
Macedonia

Post by TWY »

If you can't afford $4K for a move then you'll be either learning to like Vietnam or flying back to your home country. If its the UK then say goodbye to the dogs and leave.

All you have to do is read the news, you already knew the answer when you posted.
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

Where in Vietnam?
Ong Tay
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Ong Tay »

I'd love to know why you hate VN. True, in many ways it lacks some of the "charms" of some neighboring countries but it's a great place to live once you get used to it.

If you really don't want to share your reasons, ok. You probably have to weigh whether staying there with your GF and dogs is better than having to separate from them to go home or to another country that happens to be allowing travelers to enter and stay during a pandemic.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Check out Mexico no pretests no quarantine no visa for six months plenty of wine, good food, speak spanish
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Yobbo wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 2:54 pm Where in Vietnam?
Hi OP,
Never lived in Vietnam, but have lived in different places in Cambodia which were totally different living experiences. Vietnam is a big country so move to the coast, or the mountains, or the countryside for a change of perspective. No way to travel globally right now, so why not check out the country you are stuck in ?
And you will meet very few foreign tourists.
No better advice for you. Good luck.
Railroad
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Railroad »

No sympathy. Suffer, mate.
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

A friend of mine just left Thailand for Mexico
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Anchor Moy wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 3:15 pm
Yobbo wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 2:54 pm Where in Vietnam?
Hi OP,
Never lived in Vietnam, but have lived in different places in Cambodia which were totally different living experiences. Vietnam is a big country so move to the coast, or the mountains, or the countryside for a change of perspective. No way to travel globally right now, so why not check out the country you are stuck in ?
And you will meet very few foreign tourists.
No better advice for you. Good luck.
Agreed. Yes, I also hate Vietnam some days, but I am sure the same would be true for any country. I try to focus on the positives: good food, a very varied country (sitting at 1,600 meters right now and enjoying the terrific weather), it is pretty safe (no ricochets killing cows and bystanders), and people on the whole are very friendly. I think anyone unable to cope with this country, would have a very difficult time almost anywhere.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic