Advise me please

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Advise me please

Post by sigmoid »

Yes, VN rubs a lot of people the wrong way especially if you live in the biggest cities. You've got your GF so at least you don't have to deal with "dating" in VN. I also started looking at Mexico months ago once I realized that many countries in Central and South America are open. A friend of mine who is familiar with the region said that Mexico is the best. However, when you start researching it becomes clear that Mexico seems to be a step down from Vietnam in terms of quality of life although it's quite probably a lot more fun and interesting. I saw some flights on All Nippon Airways (HCMC > Japan > Mexico as well as others also going through Canada/US).

Since then, I've been focused on the positives in VN as Hanoo mentions. No doubt he's referring to international cuisine when he says "good food". I just had a nice Japanese lunch set. Anyway. moving to another place in Vietnam is something you might try/look into just as the easiest option. Geezerville is becoming more popular and almost has "a scene" developing.

Oh, another thing is that a heck of a lot of "seppos" are moving down to Mexico for some odd reason. As a "yank" myself, I can say that it will be pretty annoying listening to a bunch of "loud Americans" trying to impress everyone within earshot.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
Ong Tay
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Ong Tay »

sigmoid wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:40 pm Since then, I've been focused on the positives in VN as Hanoo mentions. No doubt he's referring to international cuisine when he says "good food". I just had a nice Japanese lunch set. Anyway. moving to another place in Vietnam is something you might try/look into just as the easiest option. Geezerville is becoming more popular and almost has "a scene" developing.
Is "Geezerville" Vung Tau?
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

Don't end up like No Joke Howard :please:
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Cooldude »

Oh, another thing is that a heck of a lot of "seppos" are moving down to Mexico for some odd reason. As a "yank" myself, I can say that it will be pretty annoying listening to a bunch of "loud Americans" trying to impress everyone within earshot

Don't worry about the Americans because you'll be outnumbered by Canadians. 🙄🙄
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

Username Taken wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:03 pm Image
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 8:03 pm “Pain in life is certain, suffering is optional.”
Just a quick pop-up, doesn't hurt

sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

Ong Tay wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:42 pm
sigmoid wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:40 pm Since then, I've been focused on the positives in VN as Hanoo mentions. No doubt he's referring to international cuisine when he says "good food". I just had a nice Japanese lunch set. Anyway. moving to another place in Vietnam is something you might try/look into just as the easiest option. Geezerville is becoming more popular and almost has "a scene" developing.
Yes, of course. Southeast Asia's premier expat retirement community. Actually, many of the recent arrivals are under 70, so there seems to be a bit of a demographic shift occurring.
Ong Tay
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Ong Tay »

sigmoid wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 7:18 pm
Ong Tay wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:42 pm
Yes, of course. Southeast Asia's premier expat retirement community. Actually, many of the recent arrivals are under 70, so there seems to be a bit of a demographic shift occurring.
Thanks - I don't get out of Saigon that often!
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

Ong Tay wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:03 pm
If that's the case, you must be living in Phú Mỹ Hưng or some other slightly nicer outlying district?

I've never found SGN to be particularly liveable place.
Ong Tay
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Ong Tay »

sigmoid wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:18 pm
Ong Tay wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:03 pm
If that's the case, you must be living in Phú Mỹ Hưng or some other slightly nicer outlying district?

I've never found SGN to be particularly liveable place.
Live in D2 - um, I mean "Thu Duc City" - and work in D1. It's nice enough, but am looking forward to a life beyond it in the not-so-distant future.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic