I've got questions.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

I've got questions.

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

3. What year did you first set foot upon Cambodia soil?
8. What's your country of choice to live in after Cambodia?
11. What was the last thing you treated yourself to in the KOW?
37. What event in Cambodia, if any, has brought you the most despair?

Answer any, none or all. Pfft.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Re: I've got questions.

Post by Arget »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 6:00 pm 3. What year did you first set foot upon Cambodia soil? 2003
8. What's your country of choice to live in after Cambodia? Have not thought about it
11. What was the last thing you treated yourself to in the KOW? A Dominos Pizza

This current covid 19 event. I have not seen so much despair and hopelessness among the Khmer people I know being out of work, not being able to go to market, feeling ignored by leaders. I know an 72 year old mad who rides a Cyclo. It is his work, and his bed, He carries all he has with him. He is getting no work. His clientele are mostly older ladies going to the Wat, shopping or short visits. None of this is happening. I make sure he has money for food and is ok. I think many people do the same for a lot of people.

Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

I haven't been in the KOW for a few years.

3. What year did you first set foot upon Cambodia soil? 1998
8. What's your country of choice to live in after Cambodia? Indonesia
11. What was the last thing you treated yourself to in the KOW? The *cough* usual treats.
37. What event in Cambodia, if any, has brought you the most despair? Shattered arm and the hassle of getting it operated on. Good story but not everyone is dead yet to tell it.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Question time-
3. What year did you first set foot upon Cambodia soil?
I like to travel, but Cambodia will always be a home base to come back to.
Private stuff
So much, almost every day, and then you get over it.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 6:00 pm 3. What year did you first set foot upon Cambodia soil?

What happened to the other questions?
3. 1999
8. Laos, Malaysia, EU, UK
11. Some burgers etc from Habit Burger on Mao Tse Tung.
37. The current situation. For almost 20 years I saw the country progress economically and so many people experiencing raising living standards. Of course it wasn't all smooth, but for most life was gradually improving. It still may be for some, I'm not exactly suffering, but for a huge segment of the population who are mostly very young it is the first time they have seen these effects. For many years the only way was up and now I find myself feeling upset about those on the margins. I have worked with marginalized groups before such as the disabled so it's not just some guilt about never doing anything :?

Anyway, just to change the tone a bit:
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

2018. Long overdue

I’ll get back to you- many of my former choices have not really presented well in the current situation.

Six pack Asahi. Most treats are for the kids, now.

Despair? I’m not sure I can qualify for despair with what I see about me, but being forcibly separated from the family and not seeing my lad for nigh on 10 months scores badly. Especially when it was mainly down to mindless bureaucracy.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic