Covid Rapid Test in Cambodia?

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Matty9999
Expatriate
United States of America

Covid Rapid Test in Cambodia?

Post by Matty9999 »

Hey does anyone know if this is available to people outside the red zone and the cost? and where. If possible id like to do both the rapid, then get the PCR test, since those results are slower to come back, this is before my trip outside the country.
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Re: Covid Rapid Test

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

you leaving the KOW?
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

First things first, you need to check the requirements of the airlines you'll be flying with, transit destinations, and final destination to find out whether the Rapid Antigen Test is acceptable for travel, and whether there is a specific document format required.

There are only limited clinics conducting the rapid tests currently, and unlikely they'll provide the necessary certificate required for travelling. There was a notice issued by the MoH which lists the clinics authorised to provide Rapid Antigen testing, I'll try to find again and upload for you.

I have posted the details of the only 2 clinics in PP authorised to conduct PCR testing for the purpose of travel in other related threads.
Matty9999
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Matty9999 »

xX.TROPA.Xx wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 8:10 am you leaving the KOW?
Yes im here on a tourist visa. The lockdowns have irked me some so yea better to switch.
Matty9999
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Matty9999 »

The family down the street from me got covid and they routinely sold me food and beer, so i want to make sure im not asymptomatic also.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

The Ministry of Health has officially endorsed  three private hospitals in Phnom Penh to examine, care and treat COVID-19 patients.

The three private hospitals are Central, Royal Phnom Penh, and Visalsok Poly Clinic, the ministry said in a statement.

The source added that the above-said hospitals had been also granted the right to conduct Rapid Antigen Test COVID-19.

Source: https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50851284/c ... treatment/
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Matty9999 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:09 am The family down the street from me got covid and they routinely sold me food and beer, so i want to make sure im not asymptomatic also.
If you are positive and asymptomatic, both tests are going to give you the same result = positive...asymptomatic just means you don't have symptoms associated with the virus when infected, and you'll only know if you have a test. I really don't understand why you feel the need to have both tests done.
Matty9999
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Matty9999 »

Because if it turns out im positive the day before, then i may lose the flight or at least have to rebook and thatd incur rebooking fees.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Covid Rapid Test in Cambodia?

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Ok, so now I understand, you want to get tested in advance. Still not foolproof but makes sense. Strongly suggest you buy a fully refundable/changeable flight ticket, because it is definitely a risk that you may not be able to fly during these times.
Matty9999
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Covid Rapid Test in Cambodia?

Post by Matty9999 »

For your information most major airlines including all of the ones i booked with allow you to rebook if you get CV positive. Ive got the test tomorrow at 8am.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic