Administration releases identities of 445 new COVID-19 patients

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Administration releases identities of 445 new COVID-19 patients

Post by nerdlinger »

hanno wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:43 pm
nerdlinger wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 6:46 pm
hanno wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 5:56 pm Here in Vietnam, they do the same. I have no issue with that if it keeps the general population safe.
I think the point is that it won’t keep the population safe in anything but the shortest term, because it’s a strong incentive to NEVER get tested.

After the tsunami in Japan, displaced citizens from Fukushima got death threats in the mail from their new neighbours. Not hard to imagine the people on that list finding themselves subjected to that or worse. :(
You are wrong there, at least as far as Vietnam is concerned. All my staff and I are currently waiting to get tested after being on a list being classed F2 or F3. Probably the reason Vietnam has managed rather well so far. Vietnamese consider this a war to be won, they have a little experience with this after all, and there is a lot of peer pressure to get tested if your name pops up.
Eh? How would your name be on the list if you’d never been tested? Either I’ve read the original post wrong or you have (or you’re introducing a bunch of Vietnam-specific processes that are irrelevant to what’s happening here)

Even that aside, I don’t see how your story precludes what I’ve said.
Last edited by nerdlinger on Fri May 07, 2021 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

Brody wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 6:56 pm Image
How much does tuna cost in Phnom Penh these days?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

nerdlinger wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:05 pm How much does tuna cost in Phnom Penh these days?
About $2.50 for a 150 gram can of Ayam Brand in oil. There are better and worse. Cambodians don't seem to eat a lot of canned tuna though, they more go for the sardines and pilchards in tomato sauce. Or just buy those curled up dried fish that have been skewered in the sun on a hot tin roof for a while. I'm sure there's some way to cook those but I don't know myself. Anyway, stock up, you might be lucky to get a morsel of dried fish next week. 8)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

John Bingham wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 1:10 am
nerdlinger wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:05 pm How much does tuna cost in Phnom Penh these days?
Or just buy those curled up dried fish that have been skewered in the sun on a hot tin roof for a while. I'm sure there's some way to cook those but I don't know myself.
Hacked into bits in a green mango salad ?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic