Wild storm in PP yesterday 06 May 21 (pics and video)

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Wild storm in PP yesterday 06 May 21 (pics and video)

Post by Clutch Cargo »

From FB

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Wild storm in PP yesterday 06 May 21 (pics and video)

Post by Clutch Cargo »

More

ImageImageImage
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

where was the tornado?
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Best photo:

How strong were the gusts? (or just how weak are these gantries?)

Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

Doc67 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 11:18 am Best photo:
It just needs Godzilla photoshopped on to it! :beer3:
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

nemo wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 11:04 am where was the tornado?
Yeah, I thought that was a bit suss too..I reckon the FB poster might have used a bit licence there for dramatic effect :plus1:
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

looks real to me.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

It was a freaky weather event, that's for sure. I've seen videos online of hail falling as well but I'm not sure if it was Phnom Penh or not. It wouldn't surprise me. I did think while the storm was raging that it felt like hail should have been falling.

There's another photo milling about of that overhead road sign that collapsed across the road, with some men dressed in Covid suits looking at the carnage and I thought 'yep, that's one of those pictures that just encapsulates everything about living in 2021 right there in that one photo'.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

nemo wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 12:35 pm looks real to me.
Sorry, yeah looks real but rather I meant I wasn't sure whether that pic was actually connected to yesterday's storm or from another time. The lighting looks earlier in the day. Then again, maybe it was outside of PP earlier as it swept though the country.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Storm deaths elsewhere:
Storm News from Siem Reap: 3 Dead
Cambodia News (Siem Reap): On May 6, 2021, at 07 pm, the Soth Nikom governor reported that 3 people were killed in the storm in two places.

The first case was in Somrong village, Soth Nikorm district, Siem Reap, two men died. They were identified as a Puth Thor, a 37-year-old man, and Puth Than, a 33-year-old man. They were brothers.
The two men had taken a tractor to plow the soil to plant potatoes at their farm. It was torrential rainfall , so they made a tent to protect themselves from the rain, when they were both killed by a sudden lightning bolt which hit their shelter.

In the second case, the storm caused a tree to fell on a 15-year-old boy, Da Vann, who died in a rice field in Soth Nikom district, Siem Reap.
The police went to both scenes to examine the bodies. After that, the deceased were sent to the family for funeral preparation.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic