400 bucks to fly to the uk?!?!

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: 400 bucks to fly to the uk?!?!

Post by Doc67 »

HappyChappy wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 12:30 am Right I'm sure anyone a with a bit more common sense than me could figure this out....... So I'm sorry but I have to ask.

I just found a flight back to the uk for 400 bucks!! Now I've found links to the quarantine process for when I land. But apparently I need to get a covid test showing I'm negative 3 days before I fly. Everywhere I look I can't find a place to get tested and get my results for before I fly.

Babies have been born, weddings are impending and I actually have light at the end of the tunnel!!

I THINK this is the hardest part..... Where can I get my test and my results for my flight?????? Anyone??
You will also need to complete, within 48 hours of departure, a passenger online locator form (link below) and pre-book your tests on arrival - called Day 2 & Day 8 tests. This is in addition to your pre-flight departure test.

What airline, or combinations, came up with $400?

https://www.gov.uk/provide-journey-cont ... -travel-uk
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/how-to-quar ... in-england
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/providers-o ... l-arrivals
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Jack.R. wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 12:33 am Russian hospital, 130$ for test with all the paperwork necessary for flying around. Free without paperwork.
Khmer-Soviet Friendship Hospital does not conduct testing for the purpose of overseas travel.

There are only 2 clinics in PP authorised to conduct PCR testing for the purpose of overseas travel and which provide the necessary documentation...

OPTION 1: National Institute of Public Health - NIPH
https://maps.app.goo.gl/ZWUDMbtGdiZkRtbv6

- Open 7 days - no appointments, walk-in only
- 0730-1200hrs/1330-1730hrs
- Cost $130
- Take passport
- Medical Certificate and lab report are issued the following day between 1700 - 1900hrs, regardless of what time you get tested the day before
- Medical Certificate is dated the day issued, lab report states date/time sample collected

To save time it is advisable to register beforehand at
https://www.nphl.niph.org.kh/covid19/en

OPTION 2: Institut Pasteur du Cambodge

- Cost $75
- Same day results available if eligible
- You MUST make an appointment via email, and you are required to attach your flight tickets and a copy of your passport bio-page and complete an appointment form.

Email: [email protected]
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

alexvanlaar wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 1:57 am Dubai NOT on the red list, only need PCR-test not older than 72 hrs. UK won't make problems. I checked it out, 'cause I fly back tomorrow for a C19 jab.
From BKK by the way via DXB.
Transit through Dubai means hotel quarantine upon arrival in the UK
Khmer_Risotto
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Khmer_Risotto »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:25 am
Jack.R. wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 12:33 am Russian hospital, 130$ for test with all the paperwork necessary for flying around. Free without paperwork.
Khmer-Soviet Friendship Hospital does not conduct testing for the purpose of overseas travel.

There are only 2 clinics in PP authorised to conduct PCR testing for the purpose of overseas travel and which provide the necessary documentation...

OPTION 1: National Institute of Public Health - NIPH
https://maps.app.goo.gl/ZWUDMbtGdiZkRtbv6

- Open 7 days - no appointments, walk-in only
- 0730-1200hrs/1330-1730hrs
- Cost $130
- Take passport
- Medical Certificate and lab report are issued the following day between 1700 - 1900hrs, regardless of what time you get tested the day before
- Medical Certificate is dated the day issued, lab report states date/time sample collected

To save time it is advisable to register beforehand at
https://www.nphl.niph.org.kh/covid19/en

OPTION 2: Institut Pasteur du Cambodge

- Cost $75
- Same day results available if eligible
- You MUST make an appointment via email, and you are required to attach your flight tickets and a copy of your passport bio-page and complete an appointment form.

Email: [email protected]
FYI, Pastuer told me yesterday the results would be available the following morning. Not sure if you can request same day still.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

@Khmer_Risotto yea that's why I mentioned "if eligible", which refers to people travelling to countries which require the test to be conducted in a short time frame prior to arrival, this needs to be explained/requested when you book your appointment.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

I was looking at the same $400 flight as the OP and was very tempted. Thank God for this forum. I wasn't aware that the arrival rules included countries you had transited through as well as the country you originated from. Thanks.

Looking again, it seems that the best deal at the moment is PP>Seoul>London for $730 if you don't mind a 7 hour stopover.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

As for which route, Korea or Singapore, keep this in mind.
I have definitely seen (I’m sure it’s been in CEO news about passengers having arrived from Korea) and heard of people testing positive after arrival in Phnom Penh via Korea. I’ve not heard of this happening with Singapore, although it probably has happened. Certainly it’s happened with Korea sufficiently to it to be noticed.
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

Freightdog wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 2:17 pm As for which route, Korea or Singapore, keep this in mind.
I have definitely seen (I’m sure it’s been in CEO news about passengers having arrived from Korea) and heard of people testing positive after arrival in Phnom Penh via Korea. I’ve not heard of this happening with Singapore, although it probably has happened. Certainly it’s happened with Korea sufficiently to it to be noticed.
I could be wrong but is this not because Korea was the only one operating the route for a long time, back when the figures were small enough to be noticed where they were coming from?
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

cautious colin wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 3:21 pm
Freightdog wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 2:17 pm As for which route, Korea or Singapore, keep this in mind.
I could be wrong but is this not because Korea was the only one operating the route for a long time, back when the figures were small enough to be noticed where they were coming from?
Sadly, not. I almost booked my travel with Korean (it was a slightly better option at the time, mid December). But positive tests after arrival into PP were mentioned enough that I went with Singapore. Korean and Singapore were really the only viable options at the time, with regular services.
They may have sorted their shit out by now, or maybe people are taking it more seriously (though I doubt it). Who knows? Singapore was a better option heading west for me, while Korean would have had me back in Phnom Penh a few days earlier.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

Freightdog wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 4:00 pm
cautious colin wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 3:21 pm
Sadly, not. I almost booked my travel with Korean (it was a slightly better option at the time, mid December). But positive tests after arrival into PP were mentioned enough that I went with Singapore. Korean and Singapore were really the only viable options at the time, with regular services.
They may have sorted their shit out by now, or maybe people are taking it more seriously (though I doubt it). Who knows? Singapore was a better option heading west for me, while Korean would have had me back in Phnom Penh a few days earlier.
Just to be clear - are you talking about having a negative result before the flight, catching Covid during the flight, and testing positive upon landing? Isn't there a delay between catching it and it showing up in tests? Can it really show up in tests so quickly after catching it? Or have I misunderstood you?
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic