Philippines tells China to F&^% off

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Philippines tells China to F&^% off

Post by Brody »

tightenupvolume1 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 6:56 pm I have noticed that whenever somebody posts anything remotely negative about Amerika or Trump you have to come back with a reply.
It's so cute how you spell America with a 'k'.

Is that supposed to be a dig? Brutal.

I didn't vote for Trump so don't conflate some issue that is non existent. Make fun of him all you want.

The United States and it's foreign policy is open game for all I care. Have at it. Most of you guys come from countries that are allies of ours. So you have every right to debate the US's geopolitics.

It's when you guys start weighing in on our domestic issues that I find strange and off-putting.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

If you still want to be a great big world power
if you want to keep projecting your will all over the joint wherever you please
If you want to have allies who are willing to work with you again and again
Get used to it, Buddy.

We aint gonna sign up with lunatics who don't have their shit together themselves.
You can try to shut everybody up with bulling and abuse but you might have noticed it doesn;'t work.
- in fact it just makes things worse for America's cause.

Or go fuck back to your side of the planet.

respectfully.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Let's get back on topic of Philippines and China..

If there is anyone who is projecting their will all over the joint, it's the latter in the South China sea in areas that do not belong to them.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Chinese Man Escapes Mainland to Taiwan in A Rubber Dingy Bought Online.

May 4th
Guardian

A police spokesperson said Zhou told officers he had travelled from Quanzhou in Fujian province, in a 2.6m long rubber dinghy he’d bought online, powered by an outboard motor.

The 180km journey took about 10 hours, they said, through the highly militarised Taiwan Strait, which is patrolled by both Taiwanese and Chinese authorities.

Australian defence chief says war between China and Taiwan would be ‘disastrous’
Read more

In a video of the arrest posted online, police officers can be heard asking Zhou “did you come over for freedom?” Zhou replies: “Yes, I came by boat”.

“Taiwan has more freedom and equality,” he said.

Asked if life is bad in China, Zhou said he believed life in China “is all kinds of bad”. Zhou told officers he had not committed any crime in China.

Defence leaders were quick to reject concerns Zhou’s journey revealed holes in national security, and suggested the boat was likely too small to be detected by military radars.
full https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... -in-dinghy
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:06 pm Chinese Man Escapes Mainland to Taiwan in A Rubber Dingy Bought Online.

May 4th
Guardian

A police spokesperson said Zhou told officers he had travelled from Quanzhou in Fujian province, in a 2.6m long rubber dinghy he’d bought online, powered by an outboard motor.

The 180km journey took about 10 hours, they said, through the highly militarised Taiwan Strait, which is patrolled by both Taiwanese and Chinese authorities.

Australian defence chief says war between China and Taiwan would be ‘disastrous’
Read more

In a video of the arrest posted online, police officers can be heard asking Zhou “did you come over for freedom?” Zhou replies: “Yes, I came by boat”.

Asked if life is bad in China, Zhou said he believed life in China “is all kinds of bad”. Zhou told officers he had not committed any crime in China.

Defence leaders were quick to reject concerns Zhou’s journey revealed holes in national security, and suggested the boat was likely too small to be detected by military radars.
I've also wonder why Chinese people want to escape china illegally traveling though Vietnam to get to the great opportunities Cambodia provides, china must be a lot different to the average person than what they say.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

Just catching up on the topic, what role did the USA and Trump play in this? Did he do something before he was replaced by Biden specific to the Philippines going at China? Or just a weird segue?

Don’t mind seeing more countries that refuse to satiate China, I wonder how long before Cambodia gets there. Now it’s still in the profit stage for the corrupt dealings, will head to resentment eventually.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

GMJS-CEO wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:33 pm Just catching up on the topic, what role did the USA and Trump play in this? Did he do something before he was replaced by Biden specific to the Philippines going at China? Or just a weird segue?

Don’t mind seeing more countries that refuse to satiate China, I wonder how long before Cambodia gets there. Now it’s still in the profit stage for the corrupt dealings, will head to resentment eventually.
Like the phillos will find out there's no such thing as a free lunch, Cambodia next
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

clutchcargo wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 12:55 pm Some interesting responses to the tweet..

Interesting to see Micheal D. Swain from Quincy Institute for Responsible Statecraft lecturing the Philipine Foreign Minister on how to do his job.

Statecraft? from the experts
lol
BillDoe
BANNED
United States of America

Post by BillDoe »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:06 pm Chinese Man Escapes Mainland to Taiwan in A Rubber Dingy Bought Online.

May 4th
Guardian

Read more

We can all agree that "the Chinese ain't sending their best" but, they're humans just like us and if they risk their lives to escape illegally to other countries that says something. Especially when they risk their lives to escape to fucking Cambodia, here I was thinking china was heaven on earth.. I guess they aren't always telling the truth
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

A great narrative but I am not convinced all these illegals are feeling like repressed freedom lovers who are desperate to escape the yoke of Communism.
They are probably just those on the bottom rung who are prepared to a venture over the other side of the hill where the grass seems greener.

The evidence is quite clear that the great majority of Chinese are fully satisfied with China's current situation and trajectory.
- and understandably so. (in their terms)
We would be making the cardinal mistake of under-estimation if we thought otherwise.

There is real danger in all this mindless outraged propoganda that some people are pumping out. (not these posts ^^) It can lead to us totally getting the wrong end of the stick.
Particularly if we are considering going to war - it is important that we are cool, clear-headed and absolutely uninfluenced by perceptions born from just hatred and disgust.

Besides - i thought the West was on a much firmer footing than some of this, quite frankly, hate-stirring inaccurate bs that is currently being pumped out to whip up the fever.
I was taught in primary school that is what Commies do.
I am as willing as the next man, maybe more so than the av - but i do not intend to be guided by propagandists.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic