Another record day in India - 402,110 new cases today

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Jcml19
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Another record day in India - 402,110 new cases today

Post by Jcml19 »

Terrible situation in India... I hope they can start mass producing the vaccine in unheard of levels to get the most vulnerable some level of protection. The strategic focus on savings and cost reduction was always a flawed approached.. too many specific country examples so it does not work.

Leadership in India mucked up the situation but then again a lot of people didn't take it serious enough or unwilling to take the necessary steps to protect themselves. Hopefully now we are all aware that we can each do our own part.

Comparing China/India's handling of the situation is a not fair comparison bc of there differences imo... The only thing they have similar is that they both have 1 billion peeps. e.g. democracy and state controlled... Shoot, it's tough enough to get people to wear masks in the usa hahha...
Railroad
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Railroad »

Random Dude wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 11:08 am To me, India should be a cautionary tale to the world right now - this could happen anywhere.
Er, let's try not to be sloppy eh.
19,157,094 covid cases in India..
That couldn't possibly happen here, cos it's more than the entire population of the country. :hattip:
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

Railroad wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 7:58 pm
Random Dude wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 11:08 am To me, India should be a cautionary tale to the world right now - this could happen anywhere.
Er, let's try not to be sloppy eh.
19,157,094 covid cases in India..
That couldn't possibly happen here, cos it's more than the entire population of the country. :hattip:
Yep, what can I say, you got me with those damn statistics. :bow: touche :beer3:
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

I don't watch much rolling TV news as it's vague and extremely repetitive format makes for terrible fare; but I did spot a few minutes of morbidly obese Indian women and men looking breathless in the back seats of cars taking oxygen from industrial tanks at the side of roads

Looked grim. I couldn't help but think that a nice airy room with shade would be easier to breathe in than 45c in the back of a car, oxygen or not

I guess in one of the most populous and crowded countries in the world we were always going to have a bumper bunch of covid folk too
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 1:08 pm ..but I did spot a few minutes of morbidly obese Indian women and men looking breathless in the back seats of cars taking oxygen from industrial tanks at the side of roads

I couldn't help but think that a nice airy room with shade would be easier to breathe in than 45c in the back of a car, oxygen or not
You really are a fool. You obviously have no understanding at all of the situation in India if you think people are choosing to lay in the back of cars in 45 degree heat to take oxygen. They have no CHOICE!!

The people you saw dying would have been taken to hospitals, doctors surgeries and health facilities by desperate family members to be told there are no oxygen cylinders left, so the families are driving around searching for ANYWHERE they might be able to buy oxygen to save their loved ones life.

Here's a link to an expat/local forum with information from people in India. READ IT, so we don't have to endure your nonsense.
https://www.indiamike.com/india/health- ... 76642/142/
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

they still have The Black Death in India its really hard to care about a country or its population that its own people don't even seem to care. 1.366 billion population life is cheap their.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 1:35 pm
Jerry Atrick wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 1:08 pm ..but I did spot a few minutes of morbidly obese Indian women and men looking breathless in the back seats of cars taking oxygen from industrial tanks at the side of roads

I couldn't help but think that a nice airy room with shade would be easier to breathe in than 45c in the back of a car, oxygen or not
You really are a fool. You obviously have no understanding at all of the situation in India if you think people are choosing to lay in the back of cars in 45 degree heat to take oxygen. They have no CHOICE!!

The people you saw dying would have been taken to hospitals, doctors surgeries and health facilities by desperate family members to be told there are no oxygen cylinders left, so the families are driving around searching for ANYWHERE they might be able to buy oxygen to save their loved ones life.

Here's a link to an expat/local forum with information from people in India. READ IT, so we don't have to endure your nonsense.
Your reading comprehension is lacking. Did I mention/type that they CHOSE to be there? No.

I'm quite aware of the situation

Settle down
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Jerry Atrick wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 1:50 pm

Your reading comprehension is lacking. Did I mention/type that they CHOSE to be there? No.

Settle down
Jerry Atrick
" I couldn't help but think that a nice airy room with shade would be easier to breathe in than 45c in the back of a car,"
I'm sure those dying on the sides of the road in boiling cars don't give a fuck where you think would be a nicer place.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 1:57 pm

Settle down
Jerry Atrick
" I couldn't help but think that a nice airy room with shade would be easier to breathe in than 45c in the back of a car,"
I'm sure those dying on the sides of the road in boiling cars don't give a fuck where you think would be a nicer place.
Probably matters about as much to them as your indignation does tbf
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Jerry Atrick wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 2:00 pm
Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 1:57 pm

Settle down
Jerry Atrick
Probably matters about as much to them as your indignation does tbf
At least I've a modicum of sensitivity and compassion.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic